Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade

Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade
✔SALE: 67% OFF
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro - Upgrade
3.1 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(510)
Running Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows Vista? Upgrade to Windows 8 with Windows 8 Pro
Startup quickly
Customize your Start screen with Live Tiles
Stay safer with Windows Defender
Encrypt your data with Bitlocker
Price: $199.99
Deal Price: $66.99

Description
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (Upgrade)
First a bit of background on my windows use and experience. I'm a big computer enthusiast. I love all kinds but am in no way a fan boy or hater of any particular OS. I have Mac OS computers which I love and one Windows 7 Machine that I assembled. It's a watercooled dual GPU machine built for gaming primarily but I do general computing on it as well. I have windows 7 Home Premium on it which I loved. It is a beautiful, elegant, and efficient OS.I had read about some concerns for windows 8-that it is designed more for touch or that it was pieces of different type of interface all glued together and so on. I was concerned. I read a pretty in depth book about windows 8 prior to installing it so I can be ready. I did a fresh install just to make sure it works as smoothly as possible.My impressions of windows 8: Frustrating to use and clunky would be a kind way of describing it-at least my own experience with it. The interface is extremely frustrating to...
BEFORE YOU UPGRADE: stop by the Microsoft website and run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant (link in the comments). This program will comb through your system and offer you detailed analysis of what will and won't upgrade. It offers links to articles that explain in detail what you may need to do, and it can save you a lot of headaches. For example, I have a laptop with no USB drivers--yet! I now have a link to the manufacturer's website that I've bookmarked and when drivers become available I'll upgrade.Windows 7 has been a well-received OS, so the case for upgrading to Windows 8 has been difficult for Microsoft to make. While the look and feel of Windows 8 is strikingly different, for the most part it boils down to one huge change: the Start Menu that we have had since Windows 95 is no longer a menu. Icons are now displayed as tiles of varying widths in a full-screen splash. Some of this makes sense in that some of today's programs are more like the Windows...
Win8 just isn't ready for prime time. If you are a power user then steer clear, it adds inefficiencies to everything you do. OS's are supposed to make things easier not add more clicks to do routine tasks... I find myself just going to desktop mode and skipping the new UI. I understand I can install a hack to get the start menu back but why should I have to... I'll just go back to using a more mature Win7. This feels like Vista all over. Win 8.0 version 2.0 should be better after we beta test and provide feedback for Win 8

No comments:

Post a Comment