Saturday, January 12, 2013

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB

Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen with Built-In Camera, Black MID7048-4
✔SALE: 46% OFF
Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 4.0 4 GB Internet Tablet 16:9 Capacitive Multi-Touch Widescreen with Built-In Camera, Black MID7048-4
3.1 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(402)
Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 7 inches Display
All winner A5 1 GHz
4 GB Flash Memory, 1 GB RAM Memory
802_11_BGN wireless
Price: $179.99
Deal Price: $97.99

Description
7-Inch ANDROID OS 4.0 Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen tablet 16:9, Access popular games and apps from the GetJar marketplace, All-in-1 device to browse the web, watch YouTube videos, check Email and much more, Plays popular internet video, music, and photo formats, E-Reader with access to thousands of books, 4GB Internal memory plus microSDHC memory card slot to store your music, photos, and videos, 1GB RAM for seamless multi-tasking, Wireless internet with Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Hours of use with rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, Screen resolution 800x480(WVGA).
Okay, I've had this little gem for about 5 days now. I was looking for a ten inch tab, but didn't have a lot of cash. I already have the Acer Iconia A-100, which is a great tablet. But i wanted a 10 incher. When i first got it, it ran fine but there was no Google App Store, bummer, So I got the Amazon App Store. everything was working fine but when I loaded Netflix it didn't work, the app loaded fine but the screen would just go blank. I called Coby Customer Service and they said it was a problems with Adobe flash not running right? Anyways, with Coby you actually get a live person however, you may not get one that knows anything. So i looked around on the internet and found that this is a problem with the tablet. I also found a solution. A tech advised to reboot the system and erase factory files. Here is the message ---- "Power the unit off (holding power buttom) and selecting Power off, then hold simultaneusly back button and on buttom 8 seconds,when the android icon appears...
This is for the 10" coby. I got it to replace the functions of an e-ink kindle. I wanted to be able to read books, surf some simple web pages, maybe check my e-mail and calendar, play some simple games. I liked the idea of a bigger screen that I could see page-size pdf (and maybe a comic book) on. It turns out that this tablet is fine for those needs.It actually seems made pretty well. The touch screen seems to work well - by way of comparison, I've had a couple of older tablet pc's, and older windows ce pda's, my wife has an older resistive touch 7" android, I have an android phone. So on the one hand I've used a lot of touch screens, on the other, I can remember when you had to have a proprietary batter-powered stylus to use one. So to me, the touch screen seems pretty good, but I don't know how that will translate to others. It is a finger print magnet and picks up smudges like mad. It is perfectly adequate for e-book reading and playing simple android games...
Arrived quickly, and I was very happy with how it looked!Things to note:- This takes a very small, 5V DC power supply, which is unusual to me.- It is an unsupported Google device = no Play app store, and still can't figure out how to get HBO GO to work on it, and can't get Facebook created app (unless someone tells me where else you can download it from!)- Has a very sensitive power button - last 3 times I've put it in my backpack for use at work, the power button has been hit in transit and I arrive with it drained and unusable. Could probably be remedied by buying a better case than by using the slipcover it comes with.- Back button often exits you out of something, rather than taking you to your last page/position.- Browser, while effective, does not have near the same functionality as the browser on my PC.- Browser feels slow to me, and it's annoying.Other things to note:- Sound quality was surprisingly good for...

No comments:

Post a Comment