Saturday, October 4, 2014

Apple MacBook Pro MGX92LL/A

Apple MacBook Pro MGX92LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION)
Apple MacBook Pro MGX92LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display NEWEST VERSION...
4.6 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(100)
2.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 Processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3 GHz, 3 MB shared L3 cache)
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM (Configurable to 16GB), 512 GB PCIe-based Flash Storage
13.3-inch IPS Retina Display, 2560-by-1600 resolution
Intel Iris Graphics
OS X Mavericks, Up to 9 Hours of Battery Life
Deal Price: $1799.45

Description
Apple MacBook Pro MGX92LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION)
I'm coming to this Macbook Pro 13inch Retina laptop from a 2010 model Macbook Air that I absolutely adored for nearly 4 years. The Air was so light and portable that I reluctantly gave it up, but concerns of weight vanished once I got my hands on this beauty. Yes, it's slightly heavier, but only slightly. What I like most of all is how the body isn't tapered from back to front like the Air. It's a solid piece of symmetrical aluminum, and it just feels so well built.One of the reasons I eventually gave up and sold my Air in favor of this was the Retina screen. I've never seen one on the Macbooks, so I bought this sight unseen, but I had a vague idea of how it might look because I also own a retina iPad Mini and that screen is lovely. The screen on the mini is out-done by the amazing screen on this Macbook. I can't believe how good it is. And what's more, this Macbook only cost 100 dollars more than the latest Air. Why would anyone not pay the difference for this screen...
I've had some experience with MacBooks throughout my life. I've come to respect them as workhorses that can withstand the test of time. My wife retired her early 2008 Macbook last summer after completing her Nursing degree. The Notebook endured five years of continuous research, word processing and social networking. Outside of a small crack near the mousepad it still worked great. There was one point I needed to replace the ram, and I also updated it with an SSD to give it a needed speed boost. However these types of upgrades were very easy and not time consuming, and never needed an Apple genius to complete them. Seeing a piece of technology like that Macbook still cruising after what is a long time in the technology world is impressive, and that same type of design philosophy carries over to the new Macbook Pros with Retina Display but with some new tradeoffs...A lot is different about this beast than the 2008 standard Macbook. A heavy plastic body that housed a...
I've never really understood those in the PC camp who sneer at Mac users for being "sheep" - and having gone to a techie school for college, I've met more than my fair share. I've used both PC's and Macs throughout the years, and although I prefer certain aspects of the PC over its Mac counterpart, I've been swayed by the relative stability of the Mac's OS X operating system over Windows. Plus, once Boot Camp (a program that lets you install Windows on your Mac) came out, I was able to get the best of both worlds in one computer; I've stuck with Macs ever since.Although my 2012 Macbook Air was no slouch, my new 2014 Macbook Pro ups the ante in many respects. Although there's certainly been a performance boost - everything runs buttery smooth, and the SSD is blazing fast - the retina screen has been the selling point for me. When I first used the Pro, even the desktop icons were so clear the my eyes had a difficult time focusing at first, if that makes any sense at all. My...

No comments:

Post a Comment