Thursday, December 6, 2012

Acoustic Research ARS20i

Acoustic Research ARS20i App-Enhanced Docking System for iPod, iPhone and iPad
Acoustic Research ARS20i App-Enhanced Docking System for iPod, iPhone and iPad
4.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(4)
Docking station for iPad and iPod
Portrait and lanscape views for different angles
Two 1.5 inch speakers with radiator for bass
Clock radio functionality
Deal Price: $84.33

Description
The Acoustic Research ARS20i Docking System for iPad or iPod is the perfect all-around docking station. It features two different views, portrait and landscape and has app-ready features to make the interaction between your iPad or iPod and the station seamless. It has a digital tuning FM radio and has fully functional clock radio features. With two 1.5 inch speakers and a radiator for bass, the speakers are truly high performance.
There are so many different docks on the market it's hard to make a decision. I purchased this based on specification, the reputation of AR and finally the price. I didn't expect much for an AR product at this price but boy I was wrong. It sounds amazing for its size. It's not a $1000 Bose but it's the best sound quality I've heard for $80.00 I love its ability to dock portrait and landscape. The app downloaded in seconds and is a very useful addition. Radio reception is 100%. Build quality is tops as you would expect form AR and it looks good too.I purchased a second for my 16 year old Son who liked it as much as me.
This unit provides a clean look with bright readout of time. It took me a few nights to get the dimmable screen to the right level to offer a "nightlight" glow. The digits are almost impossible for me to read at night, as I don't wear my glasses to bed. Glowing numerals on black background work better for this.Sound is excellent, even at low volume. Programming the alarms are a chore compared to my old fashioned clock radio it replaced. Control buttons don't respond as well as they could. Once I got used to the system, though, this hasn't been a problem.The App for the iPad needs work. It doesn't seem to address all of the elements needed to control the unit. I don't use too often except when doing work in the bedroom and using the iTunes. Screen would be too bright for me to have on at night. Also, I found myself in a mode where iPad started playing each time I inserted it into the cradle. Fixed this by revising commands on the App...
Best of it's kind I've ever found or used! Excellent depth and richness of sound, easy setup and great value!

No comments:

Post a Comment