Saturday, February 2, 2013

STM Velo Padded Laptop Shoulder

STM Velo Padded Laptop Shoulder Bag with Integrated iPad/Tablet Pocket for 15-Inch MacBooks/Laptops (dp-4004-04)
✔SALE: 1% OFF
STM Velo Padded Laptop Shoulder Bag with Integrated iPad/Tablet Pocket for 15-Inch MacBooks/Laptops (dp-4004-04)
4.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(24)
Front fleece lined drop pocket for phone, iPod or sunglasses
Back slip pocket for paperwork and zippered option to slip over a luggage handle
Unique side-entry laptop protection compartment lined with super plush corduroy and high density foam
Large main compartment for paperwork with soft nylex lined tablet/e-reader pocket
Multiple organiser pockets for chargers, cords, memory devices, keys, wallet, travel docs, etc.
Fits 15-Inch Screens
Price: $99.99
Deal Price: $99.19

Description
The perfect solution for the everyday commute. Travel by bike, auto, plane or train, the Velo completely organises even the most complicated day. Main fabric: 300D water-resistant micro ripstop polyester. Lining: STM plush power corduroy lining. Laptop space: 14.8 x 9.8 x 1.6 Inches/37.5 x 25 x 4 cm. External bag dimensions: 19.7 x 14.6 x 7.5 Inches/50 x 37 x 19 cm. Weight: 2.8 lbs/1.2 kg
Ok here is the skinny. I first bought a timbuk2 commute. It was a great bag very well made but for me (looks wise) a little too backpack-y all said though very well made. I did send it back however because I needed it to look a little more professional. Opted for this one.STM VeloPros: very well made, fits my sony viao 15.6. The padding on the computer section is the best I have seen. If I drop the bag I have no fear padding is that good. Lots of space and pockets. The solid black looks a lot more professional (Im using for work) soft lining on an exterior pocket for phone is very nice. Nice divider inside for files and another soft lined compartment for ipad or reader, also I like on the back there is a zipper on the bottom that can open for stacking on other roller luggage, but when not in use that way can double for more file folders as it zips up on the bottom. Padded handle is centered atop the bag so you can carry that way and the weight is evenly distributed...
This is my first experience with an STM bag, and it won't be my last. Even a cursory inspection of this bag will tell you this is a company that obviously builds quality products: the stitching is superb, the zippers heavy-duty, the strap and handles sturdy and comfortable, the shape deliberate, and every opening constructed with a specific purpose in mind.I was very impressed with the shape of the main, top opening; it's deceptively wide and constructed with the front of it drooping down so that with only a quick flip of the top flap one can access anything inside it. Though the bag is very light and pliable, and though it doesn't have any stiff pieces of cardboard sewn in (only foam padding), the whole thing--including the main, top opening--has been deliberately created to maintain a very particular shape, one which is conducive for its purpose (to be carried like a messenger would carry it--think Jack Bauer's ever-present carryall).One thing I really like...
Having used a leather briefcase to carry my digital life with me I ordered this in hopes of having a lighter load. I was not disappointed. It carries everything I had overstuffed into the leather bag and another iPad bag with room left over. And, as anticipated, I had less weight to deal with. The bag appears very sturdy and we'll see how it goes, but I am very pleased with this purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment