Sunday, April 21, 2013

Eye-Fi 16GB Pro X2 SDHC Class 10

Eye-Fi 16GB Pro X2 SDHC Class 10 Wireless Flash Memory Card Frustration Free Packaging EYE-FI-16PC-FF
✔SALE: 19% OFF
Eye-Fi 16GB Pro X2 SDHC Class 10 Wireless Flash Memory Card Frustration Free Packaging EYE-FI-16PC-FF...
3.5 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(117)
16GB storage capacity
Wirelessly transfer your photos (RAW and JPEG) and videos via Wi-Fi or via an ad hoc connection
Wi-Fi Security: Static WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK Mac and PC Compatible
Wireless range of 90+ feet outdoors and 45+ feet indoors
Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Price: $99.99
Deal Price: $80.99

Description
The 16GB Eye-Fi Pro X2 offers class 10 read and write speeds enhanced by wireless capabilities. Wirelessly upload photos (JPEG, RAW) and videos directly to your computer and favorite sharing site. Transfer via router or ad hoc. Features Wi-Fi static WEP 64/128, WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security and a wireless range of 90 or more feet outdoors and 45 or more feet indoors. Requirements include: Computer with Windows XP SP3/Vista/7, Mac OS X Intel 10.5 or later, 100 MB of free space, wireless router 802.11b/g/n 2.4Ghz, digital camera accepting SDHC memory cards and Eye-Fi App for iOS and Android.
So I own the 4Gig and 8Gig Eye-Fi cards (the non-Pro; I previously owned and sold the Pro) and had a chance to use this 16Gig card when out shooting with a friend. In short, it pretty much works and feels the same as any other Eye-Fi; it's just larger. Yes, it is a Class 10 card and you would think that would make it faster. While I didn't have a chance to test how fast it would clear the buffer, my Nikon still take a few seconds longer to "wake up" when it has this (or any other Eye-Fi in it). I think that is related to being Eye-Fi connected; the camera takes another second or two to confirm the Eye-Fi settings are how I like. However when I'm using the camera and it has the Eye-Fi card in there this momentary lag whenever I have to wake the camera up and change a setting becomes irritating (however that's true of any of the Eye-Fi's I've tried).The card does not appear to transfer files any faster on the wireless side, so while it's fine for sending jpegs over to...
This is my 3rd Eye-Fi... what I like about it is that as I am shooting a wedding, it will send my photos directly to my Android Tablet, which is connected to a large monitor (no computer needed) near the gifts table at the reception so that people can see a slide show of all the wedding shots within a few seconds of my shooting them! Plus, using the built in Wi-Fi in my tablet, the photos are automatically loaded to the Eye-Fi site - so I have the photos in THREE locations - on the card, on my tablet and in the cloud... I doubt that all THREE locations would corrupt - so I feel really safe shooting those ONCE IN A LIFETIME events!
EDIT 12/13/2012I have returned this item after being fairly frustrated with it. The lack of iPad integration into the standard photo stream was the final nail in the coffin. On iPhone/iPad, it has its own app with its own photo library. There may be a way around this (perhaps syncing the photos to the web, downloading the synced Eye-Fi photos back to the iPad or taking screen caps...) Also the inability to configure access to secure networks through the camera or iPad was just another thing that would make this a serious challenge for travel. Anyway, it was all too much given the technical challenges coupled with the usability issues just made this not work for me. I bought the iPad camera connection kit with a standard SD card, sucked all the photos in quickly (including RAW) and I was good to go. I REALLY wanted this to work, but it didn't for me. If they make improvements, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them in the future.Thanks to Amazon for an...

No comments:

Post a Comment