Saturday, April 27, 2013

Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player

Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi
Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi...
4.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(72)
Built-in Wi-Fi with superior wireless range and strength
100+ streaming apps: Netflix, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, Pandora & more
Throw content to your TV from your tablet with TV SideView
Full HD 1080p Blu-ray Disc playback & DVD upscaling
I/P noise reduction helps eliminate excess noise for a better viewing experience
Deal Price: $109.99

Description
BDP-S3100
Bought this player 10 days ago. Had the other top brand along with a not so old Sony bdp-s390. The Wi-Fi range is 10x better! Where I used to have buffering before..... NO MORE! (same cable provider and same exact place I had the other players) If you are having trouble only when straming, it is your network (cable provider) and not the player. The picture with streaming and dvd is even better then my PS3. As hard as I am to be happy with a product, I am blown away! This is my first written review ever. I had to let buyers know this is finally the way a blu-ray player supposed to work....PERIOD!
I purchased this Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-Ray Player to replace an LG BD390 player that had stopped reading discs. I selected the BDP-S3100 over the lower cost Sony BDP-S1100 for the DLNA support for media streaming over a home network and the built-in WiFi. And since I'm not interested in replacing my current television with a 3D capable display right now, I skipped the higher end BDP-S5500 player.I enrolled in Amazon Prime with this purchase to gain access to Amazon Prime videos. The standard two-day shipping is also very nice. The Prime two-day shipping worked as advertised. I ordered the player on a Sunday and it was sitting on my doorstep on Tuesday.Set-up was quick and painless. I plugged in the HDMI, coaxial audio (I predict a new receiver in my future), and power cables. After connecting to my home network, the player downloaded the latest patch and I was ready to go… to set up an account with Sony to enable the Amazon Prime, Pandora, Facebook, etc...
With the release of these three updated Sony bluray players in 2013 I have put together a quick overview of the main differences between the three to help you decide. I went with the middle of the road S3100 and so far have been very pleased. It pretty much comes down to whichever features you need in your player as all three from a playing bluray perspective are the same. When you are ready to put your big boy audio/videophile pants on, check out the Oppo high end player at the bottom.---------------The Base Player - BDP-S1100 - Replacing the Sony S185http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AWX6EYQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00AWX6EYQ&linkCode=as2&tag=stupisms-20No WI-FI - Wired Ethernet onlyDoes NOT support DLNAThere is NO internet browserDoes NOT support Super Audio CDThere is NO analog video or audio outputs whatsoeverThere is only one USB input (on the front of the...

No comments:

Post a Comment