Friday, May 10, 2013

Quicken Home and Business 2013

Quicken Home and Business 2013
✔SALE: 46% OFF
Quicken Home and Business 2013...
2.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(495)
Organizes your personal and home based business finances in one place
Identifies tax-deductible home business expenses
Shows your profit and loss at a glance
Creates customized invoices and estimates
Creates Schedule C reports to save you time on taxes
Price: $109.95
Deal Price: $59.99

Description
Quicken Home & Business Personal Finance Software. Organizes your personal and your home-based business finances, all in one place.
It's shameful Intuit would release a product that should be a beta than a production release. I am a long term Quicken user from back in the DOS days and a former beta tester! Upgrading from Home and Business 2010 was a nightmare! After purchasing the download I installed it, and the program returned an error it couldn't apply updates it had downloaded. Next up was to acquire the patch and manually install. Needless to say it broke the windows installer and and completely destroyed the Norton Ghost installation. This issue couldn't be resolved so I have requested a refund.The program is buggy, the budgeting interface is aweful, no customization of a color interface, and very busy and confusing. Quicken never was strong on the budgeting component, but this is the WORST I have ever seen.The add reports to the toolbar customization, doesn't work! Saved programs from previous versions do not work. The savings Goals graphs are not formated correctly and the dollar...
I purchase a lot of items from Amazon but have never taken the time to write a review. Almost all items that I order from Amazon work well and I take it for granted that this is the way things should be. It takes a real problematic product like Quicken 2013 to motivate me to take valuable time out of my day to write a review.I have been using Quicken, TurboTax and Expensable since 1998 and have--UNTIL LAST WEEK--been very pleased and favorably impressed with their products. UNTIL LAST WEEK I have heartily recommended the Intuit product line to friends and business associates.LAST WEEK MY VIEW TOOK A SHARP, NEGATIVE TURN FOR THE WORSE.This 2013 product is simply not ready for prime time. It is buggy in my experience and refused to load one out of three accounts and one bank for web sharing. Various print functions on my menu system do not work. During the last week there have been no less than two different software updated released to try to...
I admit it, I got excited for the new version and upgraded. Nearly all the marketing features hyped above are not ready for prime time. Budgeting is a big fail. I'm going to revert to an excel spreadsheet and manually transfer the values. The numbers are off and there is an odd way of handling categories and future transactions.Mobile sync crashes around 50% of the time and takes roughly 5 minutes to complete, while the software is locked and unusable. I hit sync and walk away. Using the iOS interface took some getting used to, and I may use it "on the fly" but it's not as nimble as the Pocket Quicken app in the days of Palm (yes, I'm that old and have been using Quicken that long!)I could go on, but the other reviews hit the high points. I came from 2011 and wish that I could go back, but I've put too much new info in the data file, so I'm stuck.If I could do it all over again, I'd wait to upgrade until users report all the kinks are worked...

No comments:

Post a Comment