Friday, May 24, 2013

Rosetta Stone Italian Level 1-5

Rosetta Stone Italian Level 1-5 Set
Rosetta Stone Italian Level 1-5 Set...
3.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(76)
Interactive language software with proprietary speech-recognition technology
Develop your command of the language--read, write, speak, and understand
Build vocabulary; negotiate complex situations; share ideas and opinions
Enhance your learning on-the-go with Rosetta Stone mobile apps for the Kindle Fire HD, iPad and iPhone .  Access included with purchase.
Language-enhancing games; live online lessons; includes headset with microphone
Deal Price: $499.00

Description
Develop your command of the language. From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions. Develop conversational skills to plan adventures, care for your health, and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies, and citizenship. Discuss family and traditions, and celebrate success.
I found out two months ago that my university was sending me to Italy in a year to teach for one semester. I'll be teaching in English, but my wife and I will need to live, shop, eat, travel, and deal with random problems in Italian, so we got Rosetta Stone to help us learn.I've read reviews here and there by people who were disappointed in Rosetta Stone, but I have found it better than I expected. Having learned one language as a child, studied four more as an adult, traveled and at least briefly conversed in six, and taught one (Latin) to kids with my own textbooks (Schola Latina), I'm almost perfectly pleased with the way Rosetta Stone is helping us learn Italian.As another reviewer points out, the program, while expensive, costs less than a semester of Italian at many a university, and you get a lot for the money. Each of five levels has four units, and each unit has four lessons; that's eighty lessons. Each lesson includes a core lesson of about forty...
Rosetta Stone is useful for some people. I consider myself to have learned a lot from Rosetta Stone V4 Totale. I do not work for Amazon, Rosetta Stone, or any competitor of these companies. I originally bought the Italian version because I wanted to talk to people in Italy on my next vacation, and I work in a winery so I thought it would be cool to converse with vineyard owners in Italy. I purchased this program with realistic expectations: I would probably not be fluent in Italian even if I completed all 5 levels.1.) Expect to start off slowly and do not expect to learn the language overnight. I expected the program to last at least 6 months, and still not be fluent. The first lessons and level basically teach you to say, "the horse is running." "Il cavallo corre" It was not until I reached lesson 4 of level 1 that RS started to teach useful sentences such as "I would like to purchase some vegetables with a credit card." It starts very slowly, and you must have...

No comments:

Post a Comment