Monday, July 15, 2013

Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210

Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210 In-Dash iPhone and Android Compatible Car Receiver with 7-Inch Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth, MirrorLink™, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Apps
✔SALE: 34% OFF
Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210 In-Dash iPhone and Android Compatible Car Receiver with 7-Inch Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth, MirrorLink™, and On-Screen Access to Compatible...
3.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(3)
7" Touchscreen LCD WVGA (800x480)
MirrorLink Compatibility
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Compatible With IPhone 5/4S/4, IPod Touch
Price: $614.39
Deal Price: $408.45

Description
  • Now with DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, and MirrorLink Compatibility
  • Updated User Interface
  • Compatible with iPhone 5/4S/4, iPod touch (4th and 5th Gen), and Select Android Phones
  • Rear-View Camera Input
  • Wired Remote Input
  • iPod/iPhone Charging
  • I have a 2008 Subaru WRX, and am upgrading from AppRadio 1. With iPhone 5, I needed a lightning cable solution, and also wanted bluetooth integration. This met my needs perfectly, so I thought.Pay careful attention to the cables you'll need for this install. I recommend looking on Pioneer's site and skimming the manual. In all, I spent quite a bit over the base cost purchasing a lighting AV adapter and the CD-IH202 cable for USB connectivity (required - it's proprietary on the back of the unit.) Get Amazon's new lightning cable as an extension - it's cheap, and works great. I kept my ASWC for steering wheel integration (manual programming required) and picked up the parking brake override from seller Microbypass, on Amazon. Works perfectly.What's great?The sound quality is improved with digital. I used to have alternator whine - it's reduced to insignificance now. The new bluetooth mic works spectacularly. The GPS antenna is reduced in size by half. Sound...
    I swapped out an AVH-4400BT. There not comparison between the two. It's like going from FM to HD. It took about a day to get used to it. It got much better when I mounted my iPhone closer to hand reach. I am running a 10 subwoofer and when the two are configured correctly, it produced deep rich and powerful bass.Don't hesitate purchasing this radio. You will not regret it.Pros: Lot's of power, looks good, not hard to operate, apps are a plus. I like on-board navigation apps. Improved Pandora's sound by 80% and nice camera.Cons: I wish it had Sirius, Spotify and more APPs. Learning curve to switch modes back and forth.
    I came into this unit from my factory unit which lacked Bluetooth stereo streaming. Additonally, the factory iPod/iPhone integration cable used the old school iPod interface which the iPhone never really liked because the head unit didn't understand when you didn't use the iPod music and used Pandora or Spotify instead.So really, anything that made it easier for me to play my media - iTunes/iPod, Pandora, Spotify, etc. would be a step up. I didn't want to pay the big bucks for a fully integrated navigation unit because I was doing most of my navigation using my phone anyways.Along comes the AppRadio 3. So I give it a shot. Here's my initial impression.First, I never realized how big a pain in the butt it can be to get an aftermarket radio working. I have a Chrysler vehicle with an Alpine speaker system. I needed:PAC RP4-CH11 - this is the brains of getting the new head unit to work with the factory amp and system data bus.PAC...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment