Friday, January 3, 2014

Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (PC3-12800) SODIMM Memory for Apple MacBook Pro (KTA-MB1600/8G)
✔SALE: 24% OFF
Kingston 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 PC3-12800 SODIMM Memory for Apple MacBook Pro KTA-MB1600/8G...
4.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(51)
One 8GB Module of 1600MHZ DDR3 204-Pin SODIMM Notebook Memory
Backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support
From the industry leader in PC memory
Designed and tested for compatibility in Apple MacBook Pro Notebooks
Price: $130.00
Deal Price: $99.17

Description
Kingston is the industry leader in PC memory. Kingston is your best source for system - specific memory. Product is backed by a lifetime warranty and free technical support. Included in the package is one 8GB module of Notebook memory. Specs are 204-Pin 1600MHz Unbuffered SODIMM.
This was a brand new Macbook pro late 2012 13" i5, so needless to say I didn't want anything to go wrong w/ this install. These things slid right in and were recognized right away..On top of that I did not purchase 2, I only purchased 1. So the rumors can be cleared up now. I have this 8GB alongside stock 2GB for a total of 10GB in my new Macbook and it works flawlessly! Great product!
I couldn't get any other kind of RAM to work properly in this computer (late 2012 27" iMac), with 32 GB installed. I tried three other brands, brands you wouldn't normally think of like Komputer Bat, and Adata, and I couldn't get either of them to work when all 32 GB were installed (4 8GB sticks). I would see Kernel Panics and they wouldn't pass a Memtest or Apple Hardware Test unless only two sticks were installed.Only this Kingston ram worked completely perfectly, with all 4 8GB sticks installed. Highly recommended.
It worked perfectly in my MacBook Pro 2012, Core i7 2,3 GHz (not retina). Despite Apple doesn't support 16 GB option, I installed two of this 8GB modules and voila, 16 GB of RAM. I'm also using Windows 7 64 bit on that Mac and worked perfectly too. The performance improvement is noticeable since I now have 4 more times the amount of memory I had and the price is very good.I really recommend this upgrade.Note that this is not a kit of two memory modules. You should purchase 2 of this modules in order to upgrade your MacBook to 16GB of RAM. I also don't recommend to purchase only one of this modules to upgrade your MacBook to 8 GB of RAM. In that case is better to purchase two 4GB modules (KTA-MB1600/4G)

No comments:

Post a Comment