Monday, March 24, 2014

Apple iMac MC812LL/A 21.5-Inch

Apple iMac MC812LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (OLD VERSION)
Apple iMac MC812LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop OLD VERSION...
4.5 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(48)
Intel Core i5 Processor 2.7GHz
4GB SDRAM RAM
1TB Hard Drive
21.5-Inch Screen, AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
Deal Price: $1537.49

Description
Introducing the new iMac. The ultimate all-in-one goes all out. The new iMac features next-generation quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls.* All from a beautiful widescreen LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It’s everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before. *FaceTime requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.
My old PC was over 4 years old and just not keeping up any more. I didn't consider getting a Mac until I'd kicked around the idea of learning iOS programming which requires OSX. After looking at the prices of these computers I balked, I could build a bleeding edge "Hackintosh" for what they were asking and still have money left over! A little research into installing OSX onto a non-Apple machine nipped that in the bud, it seems more headache than it's worth. So I sucked it up and bought an iMac and wow am I glad I did. The specs may not be top of the line, but everything else about this computer is!First, the hardware. The screen is the most obviously amazing thing here, it makes the very nice Viewsonic monitors on my Windows box look washed out and blurry in comparison. Colors are vibrant, text is crisp, pixels are nearly invisible. If you're deciding between this and the larger iMacs, the 21" looks huge on my desk and I can't imagine how monstrous the 27" would...
I have been a life long Windows guy. I love Windows, even to this day. I was plopped in front of a computer when I was about 5 years old the first time, and the computer that I was sat in front of was a Windows machine. Now, 23 years later, I can say I've honestly spent my whole life using Windows machines, and loving them. I even have a Windows 7 machine that I'm still really into, because Windows 7 is just a phenomonal OS, and in my opinion Microsofts best version of Windows yet.I honestly never had the need to even consider buying an Apple computer, especially with the extremely high price tag and the elitist attitude that "Mac people" exude. I just figured it was all hype and people needing a way to be different, and feel special. But then I started trouble shooting computers on a daily basis. Mostly Windows machines, honestly, and I just got tired of dealing with them, and the issues they had. I came to realize that Windows machines have a learning curve for most people,...
This iMac takes up minimal desk space, has absolutely no wires (except power), yet still has really rocking specs. I setup Boot Camp, so that I can dual-boot to either Windows or MacOS (because I need to be able to run some Windows-specific software for work). Running Windows on this machine is like watching a non-HD channel on an HD TV, though...as soon as I boot to Windows, I look forward to booting back to MacOS. MacOS has the stability of Unix/Linux, but with a GUI that's more crisp and fresh than Windows.The hardware is an excellent product. They do make a 27" model, too, which seems better, at least on paper. But that big of a screen on my desk would look ridiculous. This 21" looks a little large on my desk, but the look works, because the iMac's appearance is so simple and clean.This is the first Apple computer that I have ever owned (or used), and now that I own one, I can't think of a single reason that I would want to own any other computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment