Monday, March 31, 2014

Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]

Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]
✔SALE: 48% OFF
Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]...
3.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(1125)
Shows your returns over time and provides market comparisons
Analyzes your portfolio so you can make adjustments to meet your goals
Brings your accounts together in one place and categorizes expenses to see where you are spending
Tracks cost basis for capital gains reporting and tax deductible expenses to make tax time easy
Price: $104.95
Deal Price: $54.99

I was a long-time Microsoft Money user, and a reluctant Quicken 2011 Premier user since late 2010 (once Microsoft announced it was no longer updating Money). The transition was somewhat laborious and annoying, but I have since grown used to Quicken. Yes, it has its quirks, but I have never lost any data and I have grown more and more dependent on it and more familiar with it over time.Based on scathing reviews of 2012 and 2013 versions, I never tried to upgrade to those versions and have no experience with them. The reviews of previous versions are similar to other reviews for 2014 in that most claim very few (positive) changes hence no real reason to upgrade. Alas, soon my online updates in Quicken 2011 will stop working in April 2014 due to Quicken's policy of only supporting the last 3 versions (2014, 2013, 2012). At least they are consistent - this has been their policy for 10+ years. I love automatic updates of my accounts, so I bit the bullet and purchased...
I have been using Quicken for more than a decade and have tolerated being forced to upgrade every few years simply because there is no better alternative to this B+ software.So I recently upgraded from Quicken 2011 (which was working tolerably) to Quicken 2014. The look and feel of the program is exactly the same as the three year old Quicken--no changes or improvements that I can see. However, the new program is clearly not ready to be released as it is filled with bugs.Most annoying is that when I try to download transactions from my bank, credit card or brokerage house, the program immediately crashes. Quicken customer service, although happy to talk to you, is hapless. I have spent about 5 hours on the phone installing, uninstalling, copying and validating files--essentially beta testing this program which I spent $75 for-- all to no avail. Promises to get a call back from 'level 2'to resolve have been lies.If you have a working version of...
Forewarned by abysmal ratings on Amazon, but optimistic that by now (December 30, 2013) Quicken Premier (QP) 2014 would be functioning properly, I downloaded it to a computer which didn't have Quicken on it at all, in case there was trouble. I've been a Quicken User since 1993, and have upgraded every year. QP 2013 was the worst version before 2014 came out, and it took Intuit eight revisions for the 2013 version to get it functioning by the end of 2012 (it's presently had 12 revisions). QP 2014's debut seems to have set a new low in both competence and professionalism.Two days ago (a Saturday), figuring that surely after getting feedback and having some Intuit ghost, "Kathryn," putting canned messages on the hundreds of complaints about QP 2014 (and other Quicken 2014 software) that things were fixed, or would be forwarded to something called a "development team" (a development team? Now? Why not have a development team before the product was released to...

No comments:

Post a Comment