Friday, March 28, 2014

Quicken Home & Business 2014

Quicken Home & Business 2014 [Download]
✔SALE: 50% OFF
Quicken Home & Business 2014 [Download]...
3.1 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(889)
Organizes your personal and home based business finances in one place
Identifies tax-deductible home business expenses and shows your profit and loss at a glance
Creates customized invoices and estimates
Creates Schedule C reports to save you time on taxes
Price: $114.95
Deal Price: $57.99

Changes to the UI from past years versions are virtually nil. The UI looks dated with Windows 95 era style icons in the toolbar.The UI is slow in repainting itself while scrolling large datasets, this is particularly noticeable in the Investing tab if the number of stocks exceeds what will fit in a single window view, requiring you to scroll. If I edit a row then click off of it to edit a different row somewhere else in the window, the app will occasionally become non-responsive for up to 30 seconds before allowing me to edit the new row.I have a high-end Intel i7 desktop PC with 16GB RAM and a high-end NVIDIA video card, so these types of performance issues are unacceptable.Print to PDF functionality has never worked for me in the last version or this one (error code -20). Quicken installs a printer called "Quicken PDF Printer" which one would think is a general purpose PDF printer. I had to find a third party PDF printer in order to print to PDF...
I started using Quicken in the 1980s printing out my checks on a dot-matrix printer.Since then, I have been a loyal customer/user, upgrading almost every year.I have seen the product go from DOS-based to Windows-based with many amazing features.I have always used the transaction downloading capabilities which have evolved to the "One-Step Updates" to all my financial institutions thus avoiding manual entries.My gripe is that the price to upgrade annually has increased, but so have the bugs. And the new functionality each year is limited. Despite that, I have continued to upgrade annually as I really like the product and typically there are some new functions I find useful. Until this year...Specifically, when I logged onto my copy of Quicken 2013 (Home&Business), a window popped up from within the Quicken 2013 program prompting me, as a current user, to upgrade to 2014. The message was "Attention: Quicken 2014 is here. Save $10 when you buy today...
As my version of Quicken 2011 H&B has a) suddenly stopped connecting with my bank and downloading transactions again and b) will be sunset next year anyway due to Quicken policy, I decided to give 2014 a try, so far the problems are as follows:1. Still cannot print an invoice to printer or PDF if it has a logo, tried every suggestion on 2011 and every suggestion again on 2014 and still does not work. You would think after many years and multiple new releases they would have fixed this basic functionality for the business section. Also in addition while trying to print invoices with a logo the program froze solid multiple times and I had to do the three finger control, alt delete to bring up task manager and kill the program.I was hoping to switch to H&B rather than upgrade QuickBooks for my business but H&B just does not seem professional enough2. The upgrade appeared to go smoothly however, the first message after the update and file conversion was that the program could...

No comments:

Post a Comment