Sunday, March 23, 2014

Microsoft Office Home and Business

Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013  (1PC/1User) [Download]
✔SALE: 23% OFF
Microsoft Office Home and Business 2013  1PC/1User [Download]...
2.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(424)
Product download occurs on Office.com. Details about the download process are listed below.
The latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Outlook
One time purchase for the life of your PC; limited to one "licensed computer" at a time and transfer eligibility restrictions apply.
NOTE: Does not include Publisher or Access.
NOTE: Windows XP and Vista NOT supported. This product requires Windows 7 or newer operating systems.
Price: $219.99
Deal Price: $171.12

Description
Office Home & Business 2013 is designed to help you create and communicate faster with new, time-saving features and a clean, modern look. Plus, you can save your documents in the cloud on SkyDrive and access them virtually anywhere.
As a Microsoft OEM system builder going all the way back...I'm looking at non-Microsoft solutions first from this point on.As of this date, you cannot customize the installation. This means you cannot install JUST Word and Excel, or JUST Outlook. You can't use (say) an older Outlook version which is compatible with older Microsoft Exchange (Read 2003 or earlier) versions. It is a "one-click" installation which installs skydrive whether you want it or not.This version will not work with Exchange servers prior to 2008.NONE of these facts are displayed prominently in the marketing or packaging we received, and I will now incur out-of-pocket expenses in order to "make good" on these two most recent computers (which arrived with 2013 Office on them.)1. No customized option for install2. Won't work with Exchange servers prior to 2008.3. Microsoft silently broke with their 15-20 year standard of customizable install...
Well, as a 3rd party IT Provider who deploys multiple instances of Office on a monthly basis, I must say, my experience with purchasing, activating and installing Office has been an absolute nightmare. Upon completing my puchase via Amazon.com I went to my software library and was prompted to continue to office.com (this is a new process). After getting to the site, I was asked to get started by signing into my Microsoft account. After logging in, I receieved multple errors involving a so-called "Redemption Failure" among others. I called Microsoft Support and spent approximately an hour of my time. I was told two stories, one involving a 3 day wait for a solution and the other claiming the server was down and to try again later. I opted not to wait any longer because I have customers who need this service installed and deployed in a time sensative manner. I then called Amazon and asked for refund, they refused and told me I would have to call 18009365700 for a refund. After talking...
About a month ago, I installed Windows 8 and the final version of Office 2013 on a Dell XPS 13. A bit about me: I'm a graduate student and a long-time user of Microsoft Office. I've used Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote almost every day for the past 5 years, but OneNote the most by far. I've used every version of Office since 1997.As other reviewers have pointed out, the biggest changes to Office 2013 from Office 2010 are SkyDrive integration, touch gestures, and a flatter UI to match Windows 8. Since I don't use SkyDrive often, don't have a touchscreen, and am indifferent to the flatter look, I'll leave those aspects to other reviews. If you're like me and aren't particularly excited by SkyDrive (which still isn't as versatile as Google Docs for real-time collaboration), then Office 2013 is practically the same as Office 2010 in terms of how everything works - most of the time. This is not a bad thing, at least in my opinion, since I really liked Office 2010 and its...

No comments:

Post a Comment