Thursday, August 30, 2012

Canon 12x36 Image Stabilization II

Canon 12x36 Image Stabilization II Binoculars w/Case, Neck Strap & Batteries
✔SALE: 23% OFF
Canon 12x36 Image Stabilization II Binoculars w/Case, Neck Strap & Batteries
4.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(65)
Light and compact Image Stabilizer binoculars featuring Canon's Vari-Angle Prism
High magnification (12x), long-eye relief and wide-field viewing optics with wide, extra-bright field-of-view
Multi-Coated Canon optics including Doublet Field-Flattener for excellent edge-to-edge sharpness and contrast
Power-saving design allows for up to 4 hours of continuous use
Water-resistant non-slip rubber coating
Price: $849.00
Deal Price: $659.00

Description
Light, sleek and powerful, this advanced binocular features Canon's Image Stabilizer technology to keep the image steady even when you are not. High magnification multi-coated lenses deliver a wide, extra-bright field-of-view. The Doublet Field Flattener keeps images sharp from edge-to-edge. An enhanced power-saving technology coupled with optional lithium AA batteries provide up to 12 hours of continuous use. All Canon binoculars feature a center focus for easy one-handed operation, and the 12 x 36 IS II has a water-resistant, non-slip rubber coating that ensures secure handling in a wide range of environments
As an experienced brider (bird watcher to some) I've owned some of the world's greastest optics, the type of European "alpha-glass" that top tour leaders wear with pride.I bought the Canon 12x36 almost 2 years ago based mostly on my respect for the Canon L lenses with internal stabilization that I use on a regular basis for bird photography. All I can say is... Wow!. These light-weight, high powered lenses have become my favorites in the field for wildlife observation, especially when viewing wild birds.At first they took a little time to get used to. They really don't have the feel of a top-of-the-line pair of binos (they are somewhat darker than most and setting the eye-peices for your own interocular distance is a little strange compared to the roof prism glasses that many of us have become accustomed to), but they are what they are. These are not your daddy's binoculars. However, if you are looking for state-of-the-art high tech optics, look no...
While attending an astronomy club's night out, one of the members offered to show me a globular cluster using his image stabilized binoculars (brand unknown). As I brought the portion of sky into focus, I pressed the button and -- WOW! I could clearly see the cluster, not because it was highly magnified, but because my eyes had a chance to focus and process the image. Thoroughly impressed, I walked over to my wife and told her of the experience. A few weeks later, we had a pair of 12x36 Canons, and were counting the moons of Jupiter. My wife wanted her own pair so we would not have to readjust them when sharing. She complained about having to hold down the button all the time, something that I don't mind doing as I have long fingers. She also wanted a pair that would focus closer.SOLUTIONS: We bought her a pair of 10x30's, and to hold the button down, we simply wrapped a strong rubber band, compliments of our postal letter carrier, around them and stuck a short piece of...
I have enjoyed looking through some of the finer binos out there and was really taken back by the quality of the Canon 12x36 IS II binos. They feel solid and well made. The controls are well placed and the cups feel good. The IS button is well placed and comfortable to use. I wish it had a lock-on feature so I could move my hands around. Battery life seems reasonable to me. The case lacks padding, but this is a minor issue.The size of the binos is a compromise between capability and size. They feel a little bulky, but this is expected with the IS feature. It is very easy to adapt to the feel of these binos and they balance well.They provide a sharp and crisp image and the IS feature is amazing. It does not compensate for the larger hand movements, but does stabilize all the minor shakes that come from hand holding a 12x bino. I was even able to use them when moving in a car. It took some practice, but after some practice reducing the larger bumps I could easily...

No comments:

Post a Comment