Monday, August 27, 2012

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover

Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2 and New iPad (920-004013)
Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad 2 and New iPad (920-004013)
4.3 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(201)
Clip-and-go design: Magnetic clip instantly attaches the keyboard cover securely to your iPad 2 and iPad (3rd Generation)
Versatile iPad stand: Holds your iPad 3 at the optimum viewing angle in either portrait or landscape position
Instant on/off: Automatically wakes and sleeps your iPad when you open and close the cover
Color Black
Deal Price: $78.48

Description
Built-in Bluetooth wireless keyboard: Type with precision and get up to six months of battery power on a full charge (based on average use of 2 hours per day)
Having seen this keyboard/case a few weeks ago online I'd been waiting for it to finally be released. I was fortunate that the Best Buy local to my current client had one in stock this evening.First off I will say this kayboard will change how I use the iPad. I've been considering getting a Macbook Air for use while chatting with friends and doing e-mail and documents. This keyboard has eliminated that need for me and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the product.It's best to "dock" your iPad in landscape mode as you will here an audible click when everything is just right. The keyboard can be used in portrait mode though the iPad is slightly less secure in that orientation due to its lack of magnets. In landscape mode I am able to pick both items up as a single unit which is very handy.The keyboard is sufficient given its compact size. I am writing this review using the keyboard with average typing speed. I might get a bit more speed...
I just purchased this product from my local Best Buy. They have several in stock, but none on display. Luckily, there was a box that had already been open for me to check out. I first saw this keyboard on Logitech's website last week, after scouring the web for similar options. Was initially skeptical about it since there were no reviews. I picked this on over the Zagg option because it appeared to add to much bulk to my iPad. I'm actually sitting on the couch with the keyboard in my lap as I write this review on my iPad 2. I purchased this to replace my HP bluetooth keyboard (the one that goes with the HP touchpad). It became a hassle to carry it around town with me, and I wanted to find something smaller and more compact.I'm actually sitting on the couch with the keyboard in my lap as I write this review on my iPad 2. Here are some of my obervations.1. The design is very sleek and compact. The keys are tightly spaced together, but I'm still able to type...
I just picked one of these up and wanted to throw in a few comments that I haven't seen on other reviews. I've had this keyboard for about a day now and overall I'm quite please with it. It doesn't fully cover and protect the iPad, but it's great if you care about matching the sleek style of the iPad. When closed it feels like a MacBook Air. Cnet and Zdnet have some useful video reviews that I suggest taking a look at if you want to see it in action.I've seen people use similar keyboard docks at cafes and often the iPad gets bumped and falls out of the docking groove. Since there are magnets in this keyboard's groove, the iPad sticks firmly in place. Also, the iPad screen doesn't bounce around when you tap and swipe. I would even feel comfortable using it on my lap.From some of the video reviews that I saw, I was concerned that attaching/detaching the cover would be akward. It takes a second to figure out how the magnets behave but I find it really easy to...

No comments:

Post a Comment