Saturday, August 25, 2012

Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Digital

Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Digital SLR with Full 1080p HD Video (Body Only)
Nikon D4 16.2 MP CMOS FX Digital SLR with Full 1080p HD Video (Body Only)
4.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(19)
10/11 frames per second continuous shooting in FX-format for up to 150 frames
Nikon FX- format (35.9 x 24.0mm) CMOS Sensor with 16.2 effective megapixels
Full 1080p HD broadcast quality video
View simultaneous Live View output on external monitors and record uncompressed video via HDMI terminal
Multi-Area Mode Full HD D-Movie: FX, DX (1.5X crop) and New 1920X1080 (2.7X) Crop modes settings
Deal Price: $5999.00

Description
The FX-format Nikon D4 Digital SLR Camera provides professional photographers with a powerful tool that redefines the boundaries of DSLR versatility, while maintaining superior image quality and high speed performance. The D4 enables not only new opportunities in low-light photography, but also provides photographers with added shutter speed and aperture freedom with a base ISO sensitivity range from ISO 200 to a remarkable 12,800. The D4 offers speed and accuracy with a 16.2 MP FX-format CMOS sensor, 10 fps continuous shooting, a 91,000-Pixel RGB sensor and Advanced SRS, improved 51-point AF System, and 1080p HD video at 30p with stereo sound.
I pre-ordered this camera, and have now had it for about two months and taken over 10,000 shots with it. I'm upgrading from a Nikon D700. I'm not a pro, but I do occasional commercial jobs. I've updated this review several times, and will continue to do so as needed.Vertical orientation: Nice. The vertical grip isn't nearly as contoured as the main horizontal grip -- there's just not as much stuff to grab your hands onto (no deep pockets for your fingertips). Too bad. But when holding it for any length of time, it's sure a lot easier than holding twisting my arm above my head and rotating the camera. Note that the vertical grip has a programmable button on it, which I use for Mode (A/S/M/P). I understand the D3s didn't have this, which seems crazy -- I use it all the time. I wish the vertical grip had all the buttons as the main grip does -- e.g., there's only one programmable button, so if you want to use it for Mode, then there's no way to change EV +- while vertical, or...
I have been using the D4 since the middle of March.I am a professional sports photographer, so I am shooting two games a day during the week and sometimes four or five games over a weekend. I shoot a lot.The D4 is an upgrade from my D3. I skipped the D3s, which I understand is a strong performer as well.The D4 excels in a couple of very critical areas for me. The first is low level shooting. With the D4 I will no longer have to light grungy, dank, dark college gyms for basketball and swimming. The camera shoots very usable JPEGs at 10,000 ISO. This is remarkable. Very little noise, and if you are not shooting to make huge prints, the noise is hardly noticeable. I am sure the NEF files at that size are workable as well. I tend to stay away from the highest ISO ratings, only because I haven't needed them.I cannot wait for fall night football games as the combination of high ISO and a 2.8 lens will be perfect.The auto...
This will be an ongoing product review and something I will be updating as time goes on.Ordering from Amazon -As soon as I saw the news on nikonrumors.com that amazon had opened up the website for D4 orders, I placed mine. Thank you nikonrumors! This was January 6th. Since then, Amazon sent their usual emails informing me that the product was backordered and such. The only problem was amazon.com kept listing March 20th as the release date and March 21st as my "Estimated Shipping Date". Of course this didn't happen. In fact, at least for those that watch dpreview.com, this happened to all amazon.com D4 orders. The only bummer about the whole ordering experience was that the Amazon customer service was pretty much useless and uninformed. In the future, amazon should be quicker to correct their release dates. At least I got the camera..moving on...Camera shipping from Amazon -In the past I have been contacted by Amazon concierge to make sure my order...

No comments:

Post a Comment