Friday, March 8, 2013

Andru Android Robot USB Cell Phone

Andru Android Robot USB Cell Phone Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Green
Andru Android Robot USB Cell Phone Travel Charger - Retail Packaging - Green
4.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(94)
High quality soft-touch finish with moveable arms and flexible antennae
Light up eyes (Blue when charging, White when on standby)
Raised dot plus design allows connection to phone without having to look at it
Matching 4 foot, micro-USB cable for charging or data transfer
Innovative Click-on Stand allows for display mode
Deal Price: $25.00

Description
 Andru is a USB phone charger that takes the mundane task of charging a cell phone and enhances it with fun and innovative styling. Andru's shape is based on the familiar Android robot and is given a soft touch exterior with flexible antennas and movable arms.  He also comes with a stand that allows him to stand on your desk & keep you company while not in use.  Andru has a standard USB port and comes with a 4-Feet. data cable that contains a micro-USB connector to charge any Android phone or any other device with a micro-USB port (i.e digital cameras or Bluetooth headsets).  When charging, his eyes light up BLUE and when the charge is complete, his eye color reverts to WHITE.  He is, by far, the CUTEST charger on the market!
The most important thing about this little guy is the fact that he's a 1 amp charger - the same as your stock charger. So you'll get fast charge times, unlike with a cheap charger or USB port (which usually puts out about 500mA, or half an amp).* Moveable arms and flexible antennae* Eyes light up blue (charging) and white (standby)* Green & white plastic with a soft matte finish* Comes with his own stand and USB cable (micro)* Input: 120 ~ 240v AC, Output: 5V/1A DC* Level V efficiency* Dimensions: 2.5" tall(Specs provided by ThinkGeek.)
I'm a bit of an Android geek, so I had seen this charger floating around the web before I ordered it.It works exactly as expected. The connections feel solid and secure - anyone who has had a cheaply made charger knows what I mean, because some of them feel like they would just fall out of the phone/computer - but that's not the case at all with this one.I have a Galaxy Nexus, and there was some concern when it first came out that using some other chargers wouldn't charge it properly. Apparently their output was too low. Because of that, until ordering this, I've only used the Samsung charger it came with, and I was concerned about the Andru charger's ability to charge my phone. However, it turned out fine in the end, and this is fairly subjective, but I think it may charge a bit faster on this one, even.
This is easily the best charger I've had. The first thing you'll notice is the build quality. Though it has movable arms and a detachable stand, it is all very well constructed and I don't have to worry about it breaking. The next thing you'll notice when you plug it in is the eyes lighting up. They change colors which is a very cool feature. Whenever I'm charging in public my friends take notice. Next, it gives a very good charge. I have a Galaxy S II and it charges as fast, if not faster, than the charger that came with it. Finally, the chord length is one of my favorite things about it. It reaches far so it can be plugged in and I can still use my phone.I highly recommend getting this. Cool factor, build quality, and completely unique.
recommend it
Hand Gadget
Amazon affiliate programm for Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment