Thursday, August 1, 2013

Panasonic Lumix G Series DMC-G6KK

Panasonic Lumix G Series DMC-G6KK Compact System Digital Camera with 14-42mm II Lens Kit (Black)
Panasonic Lumix G Series DMC-G6KK Compact System Digital Camera with 14-42mm II Lens Kit Black...
5.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(4)
Compact Digital Single Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) camera with 14-42mm lens, 16MP Digital Live MOS Sensor
3-Inch Touch LCD, Full HD Video
One Touch Picture Sharing, Wi-Fi, NFC Near Field Communication, Full Auto or Manual Video Controls with Mic Jack
Deal Price: $749.99

Description
The Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G6 adds mobile creativity to the interchangeable lens camera thanks a 16.05-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine featuring an advanced noise reduction system. The DMC-G6 delivers greater control and creative flexibility over traditional DSLRs. Discover creativity features including Creative Panorama, Stop Motion Animation video, and the popular LUMIX Creative Control mode, which boasts 19 fascinating filter effects for photo and HD Video. A new Clear Retouch 3.0-inch touch LCD function eliminates the need for complicated editing software, giving you the power to erase unwanted parts of a picture after shooting. With Wi-Fi connectivity using NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, you can also connect the camera to your smartphone/tablet anywhere simply by touching them together. Includes a Panasonic G VARIO 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 II lens with MEGA OIS image stabilization.
Ordered this on April 24th from Amazon - got tired of waiting and ended up getting it from Sammy's. I take well over 20,000 shots a year ( I have reached 43,000 on my G3 and its still going) I have had the GX1, G3, G5 and now the G6.Spent a full day testing it and here are some results:- Better than the G5 in terms of IQ and sharpness by at least 30 percent and on par with the G3 but much better colors than the latter. The image quality of the G5 was a downgrade from the G3 in my testing over the past year and I tried 3 copies of the G5 and with the 14, 20, 14-42 and 45-150 lenses.- Better features than the G5 - more filters/WiFi/NFC/time lapse/60p video - Panasonic Image app, etc. etc.- The LCD is very clear and very accurate just like the G3 (the G5 was horrible in colors on the screen and did not accurately represent what you were taking a picture of).- Navigation through menus and the Touch Screen are much faster and shot to shot is faster...
This is my first "serious" camera, unless you count the Canon T3i that I had for a couple weeks last fall before returning it. (I wasn't happy with the video performance, mainly because of the serious aliasing problem.) I would have bought a G5 if it had a manual video mode. I would have bought a GH3 if it wasn't so expensive. I was close to buying a GH2 before they discontinued it. I ended up waiting for the G6 to come out.I'm very happy with it so far. For still images, it seems pretty close in quality to the T3i, although of course I can't do a side-by-side comparison. For video, the G6 is much better. I've seen a bit of aliasing, but nowhere near as bad. And the 1080p / 60fps mode is awesome for slow motion (the T3i could only do 720p at that frame rate, from what I remember).I think I found a bug in the 60p mode, though. It lets you set the shutter speed as slow as 1/30 second. That might be pretty cool if it was actually doing overlapping exposures...
Over all this is a great camera, I've been a Professional Photographer for over 45 years, and though I'm now semi-retired, I still do some work and I teach at Wayne County Community College- Downriver. I also teach for Digital Photo Academy, so I keep up with the latest in photography. I've been doing Hybrid photography for about 6 months and this camera may be the best camera out there for that type of photography. If you do not know what Hybrid photography is, go to CreativeHybridPhotography.com to learn more.Now on to the camera:I have an Nikon D90, Kodak DCS760, Panasonic G5, several Rollie TLR's Rollie SL66, Ricoh GR IV, along with several other cameras that I've used over the years. I have to say the G5 is a great camera and the G6 improves on it. Which one is the best to buy, depends on if the extra features on the G6 is worth an additional $400 to you. The viewfinder on the G6 is brighter and faster than the G5, but the G5's finder is still very good. The touch...

No comments:

Post a Comment