Thursday, November 7, 2013

Apple MacBook Pro ME865LL/A

Apple MacBook Pro ME865LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION)
✔SALE: 1% OFF
Apple MacBook Pro ME865LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop with Retina Display NEWEST VERSION...
4.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(7)
2.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor (Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
256GB PCIe-based flash storage; 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
13.3-inch (diagonal) Retina display, 2560x1600 pixel Resolution; LED-backlit with IPS technology
Intel Iris Graphics; 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
Mac OS X Mavericks, Up to 9 hours of battery life
Price: $1499.00
Deal Price: $1494.00

Description

With fourth-generation Intel Core processors, the latest graphics, and faster flash storage, the incredibly advanced 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display moves even further ahead in performance and battery life.

The MacBook Pro with 13.3-inch Retina display.
Measuring a mere 0.71 inches and weighing only 3.46 pounds, the MacBook Pro sets a new standard in performance and portability for pro users. The world's highest resolution notebook display with over 4 million pixels - 2 million more than an HD television - the MacBook Pro with Retina display has such a high pixel density that the human eye cannot distinguish individual pixels from a normal viewing distance.

This version of the 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display (model ME864LL/A) features a 2.4 GHz Core i5 dual-core processor, 128 GB of flash storage, and 4 GB of onboard RAM.

It's powered by OS X Mavericks, the world's most advanced operating system and built to bring out the best in your Mac. And the MacBook Pro comes pre-loaded with the latest version of the iLife software suite (iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand) as well as the iWork productivity suite (Pages, Numbers, and Keynote).

The MacBook Pro also includes both a high-speed Thunderbolt port and two USB 3 ports, enabling you to easily connect to external displays and a wide variety of high performance peripherals. With up to 60 percent faster PCIe-based flash storage compared to the previous generation and new 802.11a

I upgraded from a MacBook Air 11 to this one and could not be happier. 11 inch screen was way too small, narrow (or low?), and its overall quality was just not good enough. This one is just as good as my iPad retina screen, only bigger. The size of this laptop is great too. I would not mind paying extra for a 15 inch version, but after spending about 30 minutes playing with 13 and 15 inch versions next to each other at the store I confirmed my feeling that the 13 inch had it all and adding more bulk to get a bigger screen was not worth it. I do have an older 15 inch MacBook that my work gave me, and when traveling I would quite often take it with me instead of my 11 inch laptop just because I felt that the 11 inch screen was too limiting for serious work. This model seems to hit the right spot between the 11 and 15 inch models: its size and weight do not make it too bulky and its screen is not too small either. Seems like a perfect balance to me: I am enjoying every minute that I am...
This is hands down the best macbook pro ever released. I had the 15 inch version from last year, which I loved, but it was stolen. I then decided to go down to the 13 inch version to save a little money. The 2012 13 version was great but the graphics capabilities paled in comparison to the 15. Also, Apple didn't include enough storage in the baseline model (128gb), which at the time was 1499. I highly recommend that anyone looking to buy a new Retina pro upgrade to the midline version inside of the 1299 one because the extra ram and storage make all the difference. I haven't yet had the opportunity to test the graphics it yet with any games, but I can say it streams 4K video flawlessly.In response to everyone's comments, having had both the old version and the new version, I am getting at least 40% more battery time on the new version updated to Mavericks, and probably closer to 60% more. For example, my battery had 40% remaining after at least 7 hours of document editing...
I was operating on a 3 year old Macbook Air last year when I saw the MacBook Pro Retina. The 13" was tempting, in large part because it wasn't much heavier than my Air. But I decided to hold off and see if a Retina Air developed. The answer, as you probably know, was no. So when Apple refreshed the Pro line, I went for it.I'm on day 2 getting my new machine up and running, and it's amazing. First off, that lag when you lift your lid and wait for the login screen...gone. This thing turns on like an iPad. You lift the lid and you're staring at the login.Second, the Retina is stunning. Of course when you play movies, or games, you see the big difference, but for me it's the the text. Emails, websites, documents, everything is so much cleaner and easier to read. Much less fatigue.Third, this thing is fast. Issues that I once blamed Internet speed, or poorly coded Websites, are now mostly gone. I would not have guessed it was the speed of my machine...

No comments:

Post a Comment