Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]

Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]
Quicken Premier 2014 [Download]...
2.6 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(205)
Shows your returns over time and provides market comparisons
Analyzes your portfolio so you can make adjustments to meet your goals
Brings your accounts together in one place and categorizes expenses to see where you?re spending
Tracks cost basis for capital gains reporting and tax deductible expenses to make tax time easy
Deal Price: $104.95

I was a long-time Microsoft Money user, and a reluctant Quicken 2011 Premier user since late 2010 (once Microsoft announced it was no longer updating Money). The transition was somewhat laborious and annoying, but I have since grown used to Quicken. Yes, it has its quirks, but I have never lost any data and I have grown more and more dependent on it and more familiar with it over time.Based on scathing reviews of 2012 and 2013 versions, I never tried to upgrade to those versions and have no experience with them. The reviews of previous versions are similar to other reviews for 2014 in that most claim very few (positive) changes hence no real reason to upgrade. Alas, soon my online updates in Quicken 2011 will stop working in April 2014 due to Quicken's policy of only supporting the last 3 versions (2014, 2013, 2012). At least they are consistent - this has been their policy for 10+ years. I love automatic updates of my accounts, so I bit the bullet and purchased...
** - Edited on Sept 27th. Having corresponded to Quicken customer services, I've discovered the password issue is fixed; I had to change the default setting in Quicken to request a file password, not just a vault password. If you're upgrading from an older version of Quicken, you might need to do this check. I've improved the rating to 3 stars. I've also noticed that Intuit is not yet showing Quicken 2014 on their website (they're still selling 2013 for $99).I upgraded from Quicken 2011, so this is a 3-year jump. It was instantly familiar, but there are some worthwhile additions and tweaks. The budgeting is easier to set up and track, as are savings goals and debt reduction. The online updates are improved, they're slightly quicker, and I like the new loan summary screens that show project payoffs and some 'what if' scenarios.But, this release is sloppy for several reasons. Firstly, the R1 release was done with several known bugs, including one where you can...
I have been using Quicken for more than a decade and have tolerated being forced to upgrade every few years simply because there is no better alternative to this B+ software.So I recently upgraded from Quicken 2011 (which was working tolerably) to Quicken 2014. The look and feel of the program is exactly the same as the three year old Quicken--no changes or improvements that I can see. However, the new program is clearly not ready to be released as it is filled with bugs.Most annoying is that when I try to download transactions from my bank, credit card or brokerage house, the program immediately crashes. Quicken customer service, although happy to talk to you, is hapless. I have spent about 5 hours on the phone installing, uninstalling, copying and validating files--essentially beta testing this program which I spent $75 for-- all to no avail. Promises to get a call back from 'level 2'to resolve have been lies.If you have a working version of...

No comments:

Post a Comment