Sunday, October 27, 2013

Quicken Deluxe 2014 [Download]

Quicken Deluxe 2014 [Download]
✔SALE: 34% OFF
Quicken Deluxe 2014 [Download]...
2.3 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(58)
Organize all your accounts in one place
Understand your spending
Create and stick to a budget
Develop a personal debt reduction and savings plan
Price: $74.95
Deal Price: $49.99

I had high hopes that 2014 would at long last bring with it an improved mobile companion app for desktop Quicken that fully supported investment, loan and other asset accounts. Instead, the only "new" functionality that was offered was "receipt capture" and a few miniscule improvements to the desktop version of the app itself. Lack of a full-featured app or version for either iOS or OSX is difficult to account for, given their widespread use.The 2013 and 2014 Quicken mobile app provides basic syncing ability between desktop Quicken and cash accounts, and some budget support. For some inexplicable reason, the 2014 app is only available after one pays Intuit its annuity payment of $60-100, depending upon the version used. Investment, loan and other asset accounts are not supported in the 2013 or 2014 releases of the app. Which begs the question: why bother to upgrade at all, or even use the app?Mint provides much more robust support for one's financial life by...
Like many others I've been using Quicken since the DOS days but after all the negative reviews for the 2013 version I was reluctant to update. I usually upgrade every few years and finally decided to take the plunge for 2014 from 2011. I had no problems at all and I also installed the iPhone and iPad apps without issue. I may not do some of the advanced things others do but for me it was easy. I only gave it 4 stars because although easy, there isn't much new that's important to me over 2011 but I like being current.
I don't know why I always bother to upgrade every year. Always the releases are too early and buggy. Many of the same issues I had with last year's version. The reports, particularly the ones I took many hours to customize are not working. Reports for Actual v. Budget (the ones that come stock) do not work.... Fills in my budget amounts, but displays NOTHING in actual? WTF??? Setup for the Quicken 2014 App was a huge pain in the a$$. Alot of difficulties connecting to several of my financial institutions. After 2 hours of install, uninstall, activate, deactivate, change logins, etc..... I finally got it to work. And I really don't know why, personally I think the app is a waste of time. Considering the app is a big feature for the upgrade, I would advise most not to waste money on this upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment