Friday, December 13, 2013

Kingston Technology 8GB Kit (2x4

Kingston Technology 8GB Kit (2x4 GB Modules) 1066MHz DDR3 SODIMM Notebook Memory for Select Apple iMac's and Macbooks KTA-MB1066K2/8G
✔SALE: 12% OFF
Kingston Technology 8GB Kit 2x4 GB Modules 1066MHz DDR3 SODIMM Notebook Memory for Select Apple iMac's and Macbooks KTA-MB1066K2/8G...
4.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(980)
8GB kit DDR3 1066
Apple memory
Price: $89.99
Deal Price: $79.99

Description
MacBook 13in (Mid 2010 & Aluminum Mid 2009), MacBook Pro 15in (Aluminum Mid 2009 & Core i5/i7 Mid 2010); MacBook Pro 17in (Aluminum Early & Mid 2009 & Core i5/i7 Mid 2010); iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 20in/24in (Early 2009); iMac Intel Core 2 Cuo 21.5in (Late 2009); iMac Intel Core 2 Duo/i5/i7 27in (Late 2009)
I have been running with this RAM in my MacBook Pro 17 (Summer 2009) for over 6 weeks. Not one lockup/freeze or problem of any kind. Programs are faster in general and I don't worry about closing applications any more. Apple computers through the years have been extremely finicky about RAM quality. I can't recommend these SO-DIMM's high enough. I put my old factory 2GB sticks for the MacBook Pro 17 into my wife's new MacBook 13. That worked perfectly..These two 4GB SO-DIMM sticks cost $1200 from Apple directly. Spoil yourself and don't feel guilty about buying them here for much less -- especially if you use Parallels Desktop, or VMWare. Kingston will back you up, Amazon will also.
I purchased a 2010 model mac mini with only 2GB memory knowing that eventually I would upgrade the memory. After about 6 months, I found the computer lagging when using iphoto, photoshop and powerpoint at the same time (which I do often). I looked into the memory upgrade. Apple wanted $600 for 8GB memory but I found these Kingstons for under $100 on Amazon. They arrived within a day, installed within 5 minutes and when I booted up my mac it immediately recognized the memory and had improved productivity. I now can work with all of my memory eating applications open without problem, and I've noticed great improvement in web surfing and just general use of the computer. I am VERY pleased!
Although the specs claim that you can upgrade only up to 4 GB ( 2 GB in each slot), this 8 GB RAM works great in my MacBook ( not just the PRO version- this is the regular Whilte polycarb Unibody version). Makes a distinct difference vs. the 2 GB standard that came with my MacBook. I had found several references to its compatibility with a MacBook Pro, however no one had verified this to work with just a MacBook. The specs for a 13' Macbook pro and Macbook were almost the same except for the aluminium unibody vs the polycarbonate, and this worked with the MacBook without any problems.Installing the 8 GB RAM was a 10 minute task. It took some time to dig up the right precision screwdriver bit. First shutdown the Macbook then remove the 8 screws to expose the RAM. Discharge static electricity and then remove the existing RAM ( follow instructions given in the 'Everything MAC' manual if needed) . Plug in the new RAM and fix back the screws. Boot back up..Go to MAC>About this...

No comments:

Post a Comment