Monday, December 23, 2013

PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 Launch

PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 Launch Day Bundle
PlayStation 4 Battlefield 4 Launch Day Bundle...
3.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(707)
The official release date for the PlayStation 4 is November 15, 2013. Confirmed orders will arrive at your shipping address based on the shipping speed selected.
PS4 enables the greatest game developers in the world to unlock their creativity and push the boundaries of play through a platform that is tuned specifically to their needs
Engage in endless personal challenges between you and your community, and share your epic moments for the world to see
The customer will receive the China Rising Expansion Pack with his order. Code and instructions for accessing the expansion pack will be included in the product packaging.
Gamers can share their epic triumphs by hitting the "SHARE button" on the controller, scan through the last few minutes of gameplay, tag it and return to the game; With PS Vita, gamers will be able to seamlessly play PS4 games on the beautiful 5-inch display over Wi-Fi in a local environment
Deal Price: $701.99

Description
Official PS4 specifications:

Main Processor:
Single-chip custom processor
CPU: x86-64 AMD 'Jaguar' 8 cores
GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon™ based graphics engine

Memory:
GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive:
Built-in

Optical Drive (read only):
BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV

I/O and communication:
Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0)
AUX
Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth® 2.1 (EDR)

AV output:
HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)

I was concerned after reading comments about people getting PS4s that wouldn't display video or just had a blue blinking light, but it turns out that I had no reason to be. My PS4 works perfectly, as it should. PSN has gone down occasionally since it launched on the 15th, but that's to be expected for a new console launch when everyone is trying to play at once. Though it hasn't gone down since the 16th for me, so I don't think it's much of an issue as of this post.Build quality of the PS4 is top notch, it looks solid and there's no loose parts. Even the HDMI port clicks in when you plug it in. It took me a good few minutes to find where the eject button was on the PS4--it's really small and the dark background makes it difficult to see--but I did end up finding it after watching a youtube video showed that it was to the left of the power button (assuming you set your PS4 up vertically, if you have it horizontally, then it's located beneath the power button). I actually...
Bricked system right out of the box. Sony support line hold time more than two hours with no answer.Called amazon the next morning and they Immediately were very apologetic. I was given one of two option, if I didn't want to wait on another system and wanted to go out on my own the find one, they would give me a full refund immediately. Or, if I wanted to keep my purchase with Amazon, they would send me one before the end of next week that Sony was guaranteeing not be a bad batch. Amazon is sending me the next system before I even return the bricked one. Today is Saturday. They said my system could arrive here as soon as Tuesday or as late as Friday. Either way local stores are sold out, and Sony was telling people 2-3 weeks for repairs. Amazon provided great customer service, as well as a quicker solution than expected!I have been able to take a look at my best friends system and play with it for a while. It runs great it's extremely fast and blows the PlayStation 3 away...
As with any rating, you tend to hear about the bad way more frequently than the good. Especially in todays "socially connected" society. I believe that is what is happening here. I, like many people, almost never take the time to post a review if I am satisfied with my product. I decided to make an exception for my PS4 just because I believe it's unfair to see all of this horrible feedback, when in fact, many gamers are quite pleased.Some are quick to say that it is worse than the 360; well it's not, if you research (no, I won't do it for you) you'll find that the failure rate for the 360 was ridiculously high for a long time (I went trough 4 of them). All tech launches have bad apples, plain and simple. For example, even if 50,000 people have failed consoles, that is nowhere near 1 million PS4s sold. It is also nowhere near the number of reported failed consoles to date (I take PR generated facts with a grain of salt, but still...)Also, anyone that...

No comments:

Post a Comment