Thursday, June 27, 2013

2-Year Smartphone Accident

2-Year Smartphone Accident Protection Plan (Above $400)
2-Year Smartphone Accident Protection Plan Above $400...
4.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(286)
2-year coverage from date of purchase: drops, spills & hardware failures
Fixed or receive full replacement cost in 5 days or less - guaranteed
Free 2-way shipping for repairs
100% parts and labor covered - $99 deductible applies
Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in first 30 days.
Deal Price: $99.99

Description
Accident protection guards you against life's little mishaps, whether you drop your cell phone on the street or splash coffee on your laptop.  Accident protection must also be purchased within 30 days of when you bought your item. Coverage begins on the 31st day after the item's purchase - issues in the first 30 days are not covered. Upon purchase, you will get an email confirmation.  You will not be mailed a paper contract.  If you have questions, please call: 1.877.WARRANTY.
The AT&T cell phone warranty comparison on SquareTrade's web site is a bit misleading.SquareTrade claims that the two year cost of the AT&T warranty is $244.76, and that theirs is $174.00. While this is true, what they don't mention is that AT&T will cover the phone for one loss per year, so if you damage your phone in the first year, and again in the second year, you can pay the deductible and receive a new phone each time. SquareTrade will only repair/replace the phone once in the two year period according to the fine print in the warranty. So, if you were to damage your phone twice under AT&T's contract, the total cost would be $119.76 (cost of 2 year contract) + $250.00 ($125. x 2 deductibles) = $369.76. With SquareTrade, if you damage your phone in the first year, and they replace it, you would have to purchase another warranty at that point. This would cost $174($124+$50 deductible) x 2 = $348.00, which is actually a savings of 6 per cent, not the 70 percent that they...
I've received an email with incentive to write a review, though I feel woefully ill-equipped to do so.I've bought my warranty from Squaretrade but have yet to file a claim, so I don't feel like I've totally experienced their service yet. I mean, really, I've just given them money. Sure it was an easy and painless process (don't buy a warranty from them without first googling around and finding a 20% off coupon - they run them all the time), but that's not saying much - that giving them my money was relatively easy.In the event that I need to file a claim, I'll update this review to reflect that experience.Since buying my squaretrade warranty, though, I've learned about a competitor, Worth Ave Group, who may offer a better deal as their warranties are a little more expensive but also cover theft.
SquareTrade was very effecient and they settled my claim in a very timely manner. They sent me emails throughout the process letting me know what was going on with my claim, and it actually took less than 2 weeks between claim and check. It would have been less time, but I didn't send the water damaged phone to them until 6 days after I reported it; so it was actually my fault it took as long as it did. I have several warranties with Squaretrade - 6 or 7 and I will continue to get all my phones/mp3 players and computers warrantied through them, with 5 kids you never know what's going to happen with your electronic devices! This has been my first claim; I have been with SquareTrade for several years, and I have been very happy and satified with their service and would recommend them to anyone. I am one happy customer...Go SquareTrade!

No comments:

Post a Comment