Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pioneer DEH-P8300UB CD Receiver

Pioneer DEH-P8300UB CD Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Pandora Player and Graphic OEL Display
Pioneer DEH-P8300UB CD Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Pandora Player and Graphic OEL Display...
4.8 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(15)
Single-DIN AM/FM radio, CD, CD-R/RW, MP3/WMA/WAV, USB, iPod/iPhone receiver
Custom audio components; 4 x 50W MOSFET amplifier with three high-volt (4V) RCA preamp outputs for system expansion
Detachable faceplate with two-line LCD display; separate customizable illumination for keys/display
Includes front panel auxiliary input, USB port with direct iPod control, iPhone Pandora integration
Add Bluetooth, HD Radio, or Satellite Radio with Pioneer add-ons
Deal Price: $99.99

Description
Pioneer DEH-P8300UB CD Receiver with Pandora Link, Graphic OEL Display, iPod/iPhone Control with USB, Rotary Commander, MP3 / WMA / AAC Playback, Advanced Sound Retriever, Three Pair Hi-Volt RCA Preouts, P-Bus for adding satellite radio tuner.
I've owned a few Pioneer head units. This one is tied with an older Premier 860 MP. But this one is by far, for the money, the best. It is super easy to set up and works seamlessly with USB and/or iPod controls. The 4v pre-amp voltage is VERY nice. Which is actually what puts it on the same level as the 860, in my opinion. For 4v, its very clean. Better than the 6.5v from the 860, oddly. If you are reading reviews to help make your decision, take this one as some advice...get it. lol. The screen's auto-reversing can be turned off, the button press beeping can be turned off, the ignition switch off chimes can be turned off. Its a VERY clean sounding and strong head unit. VERY well worth the money.
I first would like to say, I have NEVER felt compelled to review an item before but because this stereo has gone so far beyond what I ever expected that I felt I had to write a review. I bought this stereo to replace a very nice Kenwood deck because that Kenwood was older and didn't have any way to use my iPod without using one of those worthless transmitters. This stereo has magnificent sound. They squeeze all the best out of my Rockford Fosgate speakers. I love being able to run my iPod with the receiver. I wouldn't change a single thing about this receiver. I love having the RDS,iTunes Tagging,the remote control and the rest of the perks that come with this receiver. I have had many different brands of receivers over the last 25 years but I have never had one that had the sound this one has nor have I ever had a receiver that was as versatile as this one. If you're looking for a new receiver to replace either a stock or aftermarket receiver, there is no better choice than this...
I just got it yesterday and it took no time to replace my old system. I was concerned that I wouldn't know what wire needed to be connected to what, but luckily my existing system had the same color scheme! i cut the old wiring connections and re-connected the included harness and i was up and playing with the system.It wasn't as intuitive as i had hoped for making band selections, but the manual was easy enough to figure out. The only drawback I have seen so far is that i cannot select a playlist from my iphone to play - i can select a genre,artists, albums, songs, but not my playlists. However, there is an application that can be downloaded from Pioneer that will allow me to create playlists that can be played. Guess what I am about to do! :)Also, I love the Pandora capability!

No comments:

Post a Comment