Wednesday, June 26, 2013

MiC Studio quality microphone for

MiC Studio quality microphone for iPad, iPhone, and Mac
MiC Studio quality microphone for iPad, iPhone, and Mac...
4.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(23)
PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
Studio quality cardioid condenser microphone
44.1/48 kHz, 24-bit analog-to-digital conversion
Studio quality microphone preamp with up to 40dB of gain
No configuration, just plug in and record
Deal Price: $199.00

Description
MiC is the first studio-quality microphone to make a direct digital connection to iPad, iPhone, and Mac. About the size of an iPhone, MiC makes it easy to capture your best take with incredible quality, anywhere your music takes you. Record any sound you can imagine, from vocals to voice-overs, instruments to interviews and everything in between, and build a track right on your iPad, iPhone or Mac with GarageBand. MiC is a premium digital converter featuring PureDIGITAL technology which delivers your voice or acoustic instruments true tone to your iPad, iPhone or Mac without compromise. You will notice the sonic difference between MiC and other similar products immediately. It’s easy to tell if MiC is connected properly by the status LED on the front of MiC. If it’s green, you are ready to record and the light becomes your input level indicator. If it turns red, you are rockin' the MiC too hard and need to turn your level down with the input gain control knob. MiC features an input gain control knob. This rotary style wheel is conveniently located on the side of MiC for easy thumb access. With the level indication LED as your guide, the gain control knob allows you to fine tune for the perfect level without having to look at software.
I'm not a microphone expert by any means, and as with most things musical it's largely subjective anyway, but I thought MiC did a fantastic job recording my acoustic guitar. There is one peculiar issue though. When I plug the MiC into my iPhone 4S the Wi-Fi and cellular network connections no longer work. Everything goes back to normal when you unplug the MiC, but this means MiC is unusable with Skype or any other app that requires an internet connection. It's not a big deal for me, but it is something to be aware of. I believe a Line 6 product I had did the same thing, so I'm not sure it's anything Apogee can fix themselves. The iPad 2 is not affected. MiC comes with a tiny stand that looks like one of those pocket-sized camera tripods. It worked great on my coffee table for recording acoustic guitar. MiC comes with two cables, one for iOS devices and another for connecting to a Mac. The cable plugs very securely into the iPad and iPhone, something I'm very particular about. There's...
I have been having so much fun using this (and my Apogee Jam). This is a great tool for sampling with Garage Band on IOS. Logic users: did you know your IOS Garage Band samples can be save as .exs instruments?The mic reproduces the tiniest nuances of my old piano, bass and guitars. You can really hear the character of the instruments.I have a rather expensive Shure KSM44 studio mic, and some decent pre-amps so I know the difference. The sound quality and convenience of plugging "Mic" straight in to an ios or laptop device is unmatched. Your "Snowball" and "Yeti" are toys. Not even close.One thing Mic desperately needs is a good windscreen. It is impossible to properly record a vocal without one. A shock mount would help out too as the mic picks up ALL handling noise. Why Apogee does not sell these much needed accessories is beyond me.If you are a musician this will record your instrument, no matter what it is, faithfully and with little...
Wonderful! I've owned 3 SSL rooms in N Hollywood so I know a little about recording and this product is just great! East to work and sounds amazing with no noticeable latency! All my small firewire and usb boxes I never use because of the delay issues! The Jam works great also. If you travel and want something portable this is really your way to go! I use this with my macbook pro for pro tools, logic, and garage band. It sounds better than other stuff too!

No comments:

Post a Comment