Sunday, June 2, 2013

Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro (with

Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro (with Retina display) quad-core Intel Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB flash storage, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Mac OS X Lion
Apple 15.4" MacBook Pro with Retina display quad-core Intel Core i7 2.3GHz, 16GB RAM, 256GB flash storage, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Mac OS X Lion...
5.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(6)
Processor: Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 2.30 GHz
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive: 256 GB Flash Storage
Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 4000; NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory; 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
Operating System: Mac OS X Lion
Deal Price: $2500.00

Description


This Apple computer has been upgraded over the base Apple model by Apple in their factory. As a result, it comes with the standard Apple computer warranty. The base Apple computer model of this is an upgraded model was built upon was MC975LL/A.



The Apple upgrade specific to this model is: RAM upgraded from 8 GB to 16 GB

My wife has a 2010 Macbook pro and this one is LIGHT YEARS ahead of it. MUCH faster. Better graphics. Speakers are awesome. So much lighter. Doesn't run as hot in your lap. Go ahead and get the extra RAM because you can't add it later on the retina model... things run much better with the extra ram... I can have photoshop, after effects, premiere(EDITING IN FULL 1080p HD) and Aperture all open and running with no lags. It seems to run faster than my Mac Pro with 8 cores.
Out of the six Mac's that I have owned-This is the best.*. Power*. Weight*. Display*. Low HeatI edit HD Video-FCP X with it.
I really like this so far. Easy migration from a PC, and so far I'm happy I made the migration to MacOS. I'm not going to review the OS or other ancillary products that are sold otherwise, but I do appreciate the memory upgrade to bring it to 16 GB, without necessarily paying for costly and (to me) unnecessary upgrades in CPU speed and solid-state storage. This certainly appears to be powerful enough to be my main computer for years to come.I particularly enjoy integrating this with Apple TV to mirror the screen to my 61" HDTV, and use that as my "monitor" -- which is particularly useful for content that is only enabled on computers (espn3.com, Hulu, youtube & other content not allowed to stream to PS3, Apple TV directly, iPads, etc.). I haven't used the HDMI to output to the TV yet; I suspect the quality would be higher, but the streaming with Apple TV has been sufficient so far. I'm even able to use bluetooth keyboard & trackpad to keep my MacBook in the...

No comments:

Post a Comment