Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dragon Dictate, Version 3.0 (Mac)

Dragon Dictate, Version 3.0 (Mac)
✔SALE: 38% OFF
Dragon Dictate, Version 3.0 Mac...
3.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(143)
With up to a 15% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy, Dragon Dictate 3 just gets you, and you get your words on the screen the way you intended
Improved Accuracy: Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 delivers a 15% improvement to out-of-the-box accuracy when compared to version 2.x.
Faster, More Advanced Correction: When it comes to making a correction, Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 makes it faster and easier than ever before
Control in More Applications with Express Editor: Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 gives you control in more applications, so that you can use your voice to get more done
Transcription of Recorded Speech: It?s easy to transcribe your own recorded speech into text with Dragon Dictate for Mac 3.
Price: $199.99
Deal Price: $125.22

Description
With Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 speech recognition software, you can use your voice to create and edit text or interact with your favorite Mac applications. Far more than just speech-to-text, Dragon Dictate lets you create and edit documents, manage email, surf the Web, update social networks, and more – quickly, easily and accurately, all by voice. Open and close or navigate between applications, or even create your own custom voice commands to execute multiple steps with a simple word or phrase. Use your iPhone or iPod as a wireless microphone, or capture your notes on-the-go using a digital voice recorder and Dragon Dictate 3 will transcribe them for you
I bought and downloaded Ver. 3 on 9/13/12, the day it became available. It was terrible from the start with slow, unstable and erratic performance. The hardware and software was up to the task as this was on a new MacBook Pro Retina with Mountain Lion.I tried to contact support online and didn't receive a response for a week. This consisted of only telling me to delete the"plist" file. That resulted in no change, other than requiring even more time spent recalibrating the mic and retraining the Dragon to recreate the deleted file. I responded to support again after deleting the file as suggested, but didn't get an response in a reasonable period of time.During this period, I called support and described the strange behavior I was experiencing with "select" and "correct" commands as it was occurring on my screen. I believe that the technician hung up on me as he didn't have a solution. I called back and wound up on extensive hold. Finally, after more than an...
Bought Dragon Dictate for Mac 3 with great expectation. The selling deal was similar to that described by Dead Climber and seemed to be a good deal. However, although the program overall works, it is fraught with apparent bugs. For example, it crashes most of the time that I try to use Vocabulary to teach it new words. Furthermore, it does not seem to learn the new words; it will not recognize them. later This failure is in contrast to Dragon Naturally Speaking (for Windows) that performs quite well and will learn new words. I fear that the Nuance folks have released a product that needs better preparation.
This review is coming to you directly from the app. Why type, when you can dictate. I've been using Dragon Dictate for Mac for several years, my first experience was the product MacSpeech quite a few years ago, when I was in college. I didn't get a lot of mileage with that app because the speech recognition wasn't that great. A couple of years ago I tried it again, in the form of Dragon Dictate 2 for Mac. This app was much better, and was very usable. Unfortunately, Dragon Dictate 2 for Mac didn't work with Mountain Lion. Now I was without my dictation software, again.Last month, Nuance released Dragon Dictate 3 for Mac. I ordered a physical copy which included a USB microphone, and upon arrival, but it straight to work. Not a problem I've had thus far is updating profiles that were created in earlier versions. After discussing it with tech support, I just deleted my previous profiles, and started fresh with a new version. Thus far I've spent quite a few hours dictating...

No comments:

Post a Comment