Thursday, September 20, 2012

Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch

Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
✔SALE: 1% OFF
Apple iMac MC309LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
4.4 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(152)
2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with 6MB on-chip shared L3 cache
500GB Hard Drive
4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, DVD SuperDrive
21.5" LED-backlit display with a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio, AMD Radeon HD 6750M
Mac OS X v10.7 Lion
Price: $1199.00
Deal Price: $1194.00

Description
Introducing the new iMac. The ultimate all-in-one goes all out. The new iMac features next-generation quad-core processors and the fastest graphics ever in an all-in-one computer. It also brings Thunderbolt I/O technology to the desktop for lightning-fast data transfer. And a new FaceTime HD camera lets you make full-screen HD video calls.* All from a beautiful widescreen LED-backlit display that takes up just a sliver of your desk. It’s everything you want in a desktop. Now more powerful, more advanced, and even more incredible than before. *FaceTime requires a FaceTime-enabled iOS device with a Wi-Fi connection or a FaceTime-enabled Mac with an Internet connection and FaceTime for Mac software (may require separate purchase). Not available in all areas.
I have been considering an Apple computer for a while now, and have been reluctant to buy because of the high price tag, compared to PCs with similar technical specs. For example, a Dell Inspiron All in One with 4GB SDD3 RAM, 500GB hard drive, 2.8Ghz processor, comparable graphics card and larger, brighter 23" screen retails for 599. For 1199, you can get the same Dell model with a touch screen, 1TB hard drive, 8GB RAM, 1GB video card, and a bunch of other stuff, running Windows 7. That's twice as much computer, right?Maybe not. I went into a Best Buy store to play with a Mac, and spent almost two hours comparing this computer to the ones I just mentioned. I ended up buying the Mac, and am entirely convinced that it is well worth the price tag. First of all, even with less RAM, the Mac was faster and performed much better than a tech spec superior PC. It ran several memory draining and intensive applications, like video editing software, iTunes, and web browsers playing...
I have been using Macs for about 5 years now between school and work. My primary machine has always been a PC. Being a graphic designer, Macs are pretty much the industry standard. That is one of many reasons I bought this iMac.I must say, I love this computer. It took me less than 15 minutes from opening the box, unpacking the computer, plugging it in, starting it, and set up. And 10 minutes of that was taking it out of the box, taking the protective wraps off of things, etc.The initial setup was a breeze. It automatically recognized the keyboard and mouse (both Bluetooth), easily connected to my network (after I typed in the password), and bam, we were up and running. Since I never had a Mac before, I didn't have a backup that would put all my files on the computer, but I keep all of my files on an external hard drive anyways.There have been a few bumps in getting used to doing certain things on the Mac compared to the PC. However, Apple...
I first bought an iMac in 2006. It was the same first model out of four. Not only it lasted me until now, but since I bought this one few days ago, I gave my old one to my wife's sister. I'm sure it will keep going and going for years.Right now, it is better than ever to buy a new iMac. I remember when I bought mine, the whole line-up was good. But then they gave lower-priced iMacs much worse specs than higher-priced ones, especially in terms of video cards. So, if you wanted something good all around, you had to spend more money and buy third or even fourth one in iMac's line-up. Not anymore. Every single one has the same RAM, all of them have descrete video cards, and even Quad-Core processors. Not only that, but they are the newest i5 Quad-Core processors, Intel Sandybridge. Even if you take a look at various tests done by different websites, they will tell you that there is not that big of a difference between iMac line-up nowadays. It'll be about 10% or so in speed...

No comments:

Post a Comment