Thursday, September 20, 2012

Office Mac 2011 Home and Business

Office Mac 2011 Home and Business 2011 - 1PC/1User
✔SALE: 21% OFF
Office Mac 2011 Home and Business 2011 - 1PC/1User
2.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(148)
Office for Mac 2011 includes Mac versions of Word 2011, Excel 2011, PowerPoint 2011, and Outlook 2011; the most familiar
And trusted productivity applications used around the world at home, school, and business.
Reliable compatibility with the over 1 billion Macs and PCs running Office worldwide ensures you have the right tools to create, share,
And collaborate with virtually anyone, anywhere, with no worries.
New Office Web Apps let you post, access, edit, and share Office documents from where you want with nearly any computer with a browser;
Price: $199.99
Deal Price: $159.66

Description
Work the way you want, where you want. With over 1 billion PCs and Macs running Office, Microsoft Office is the most-trusted and most-used productivity suite around the world. And Office for Mac 2011 is here to help you do more with your Mac on your terms. Use Word to create dynamic papers, Excel to format your data quickly, PowerPoint to help engage your audience and take your ideas further, and Outlook to stay close to your contacts and calendars. And since Office for Mac is compatible with Office for Windows, you can work on documents with virtually anyone on a Mac or PC. It’s the easiest way to create, share, and access your documents from almost anywhere. Office for Mac Home and Business 2011 includes Word for Mac 2011, Excel for Mac 2011, PowerPoint for Mac 2011, and Outlook for Mac 2011.
In general, I think Office 2011 is a good upgrade to 2008. A lot of the deficiences in Office 2008 have been addressed, and the application is a bit more "mac like".PROS:Probably the biggest change people will see out of the gate are interface changes. I think the move to a more "ribbon like" interface was a good one, that helps keep everything you want together (especially on multiple monitors), but the formatting toolbars are still around if you want to back to those.Help is now Apple help based, all versions support Automator actions, apps are much more friendly to spaces, spotlight and time machine, VBA is back, etc.Outlook is a great addition if you're connecting your Mac to an Exchange server at work, and is actually pretty decent on it's own. I think I may actually prefer it to Mail.app, but we'll see how my thoughts are over a longer time scale.CONS:Office 2011 is now intel only, but considering the...
I work at a company where most of us are assigned Lenovo laptops running WinXP, but the clever people use their own Macs. I was part of a small pilot that were assigned Macs, although many of the business apps require a Windows VM to work. I tired of the poor performance of the apps, so I bought my own Windows laptop.I've always wanted to be able to use the Mac full time, primarily for the coolness factor. But there are so many shortcomings, I just couldn't do it. Even with the arrival of Office 2011, the short battery life (this is a 3-year old MBP) and lack of a right-click button try my patience. I thought that with a new version of Outlook, I might be able to make the switch. However, after using Outlook 2010 for a year now on Windows 7, this Mac version seems like two steps back. Here are a few of my observations:LIKESReading pane in conversation view shows first line of all messages in conversation (mail)DISLIKESNo OneNote...
Since getting Outlook 2011 is the reason I purchased Office 2011 for the Mac, I'm writing my review only about that component of the suite. I've spent the day using it, and in general, I'm disappointed. While it does look appealing and runs fast, I think Microsoft has slimmed it down too much from Entourage. For example, there is no "resend" option for messages, a feature that I use a lot so that I don't have to copy & paste e-mail that I want to send out to a few people but not as a blind group. Next, while one can still marginally re-configure the toolbar, it's very limited. For example, I find the delete button is in a very awkward position (for me), but I can't move it. And finally, I miss not seeing any feedback while the program is checking for mail (unless you go to the trouble of checking the progress window). I'll spend more time with Outlook, but at this point, I'm seriously considering going back to Entourage. I've never had this experience before with a Microsoft...

No comments:

Post a Comment