Friday, September 7, 2012

NuForce Icon iDo Black

NuForce Icon iDo Black Audiophile-Grade DAC and Headphone Amp for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
NuForce Icon iDo Black Audiophile-Grade DAC and Headphone Amp for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
4.9 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(10)
Bit-perfect, low jitter USB Host Mode operation
Digitally controlled analog volume control
3.5mm headphone output jack
Deal Price: $249.00

Description
The Icon iDo delivers audiophile-grade CD quality sound to digital music files stored on Apple® mobile digital devices. iDo is ideal for music enthusiasts and musicians alike who primarily listen to-and have their digital music libraries stored on-these devices. Apple products are becoming the hub of a person's entire music and audio collection, so improving the audio quality produced by these devices is key. The Icon iDo delivers on that at very affordable price point.
Seriously, if you haven't got one of these, get one. It turns any ipod into a really credible audio device. I expected a lot and it has exceeded my expectations. Contrary to what is said in some reviews, you don't have to have all lossless encoded tracks to appreciate this. I don't consider myself an audiophile, but I listen to a lot a classical music and, without this, an i-device cannot play the music to a quality that is even bearable for me. I have the iDo and a pair of Sennheiser HD595 headphones. For me that adds up to a serious setup to listen to a bit of music when I get home from work. Very highly recommended.
This is an Audiophile product. I don't mean that to sound like a snob, but this is an item that will appeal to people that really care about the sound of their music files. Those would be people that transfer their music in a lossless format. This will not upconvert lossy files and make them sound better, even though you might hear more clarity. I was lucky enough to receive this as a gift, and I have been rediscovering my music collection ever since. The internal DAC in the iPod is good, but is no match for the iCon iDo which also incorporates a high quality Headphone Amplifier.I couldn't be happier with the quality of the sound. This is the kind of audio playback that would cost many thousands of dollars to recreate in a home setup. Therefor, I consider this to be a real bargain. Most of the Headphone Amplifiers I had been shopping for cost more than the iCon iDo without the added benefit of a high quality DAC. If you are serious about sound quality, but cannot afford a...
I purchased the Nuforce Icon Ido because I wanted an energy efficient high quality way to play music from my Ipod nano through my stereo system (with either an NAD integrated amp or usually with the Nuforce Icon Amp) - the whole system even at loud volumes only uses a few watts of power as seen from a power meter it is plugged into when using the Nuforce Icon amp - even with large speakers. It is amazing that with only a few watts of power this convenient system played though speakers in any of three locations with a speaker selector, can create such breathtaking sound. The Nuforce Ido as you know could also be connected to headphones or powered speakers, but I prefer the setup using my own stereo (just an integrated amp, and speakers, using Niles speaker and source selectors). The DAC in the Ido is better than most CD players and similar to the Nuforce udac-ii I have with my computer/video, but has the convenience of playing from an Ipod, Iphone or Ipad. I use it with the apple...
recommend it
Nokia news
Apple cheap price

No comments:

Post a Comment