Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Microsoft Office Home & Student

Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 - 3PC/1User (Disc Version)
✔SALE: 19% OFF
Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 - 3PC/1User (Disc Version)
4.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(717)
Rich and powerful new ways to deliver your work on your computer, Windows Mobile-based smart phone or a web browser
Easy-to-use Tools, customizable templates, color schemes, and photo-editing capabilities
Work with people from different places at the same time with the new co-authoring experience
More ways to access your files from almost anywhere, Office 2010 puts you in control of getting things done according to your schedule
Simplifies your tasks and creates amazing results
Price: $149.99
Deal Price: $121.99

Description
Microsoft Office 2010 gives you powerful new tools to express your ideas, solve problems, and connect with people.
I've had an opportunity to use Office 2010 Beta edition for a couple of months now and now that I see the full, final, edition I can say that this is a very worthwhile upgrade. First things first, I am not a techie. I am someone who uses Word, Excel and PowerPoint on a very regular basis, who really liked some of the changes in Office 2007 but who thought some things needed tweaking, so when given the opportunity for the beta edition I jumped on it and have not been disappointed. Office 2010 is to Office 2007 what Windows 7 was to Vista; that is, there are not many breakthrough, drastically different features, but a whole lot of polishing and cleanup to make it easier and more efficient. Overall, the program seems to run faster, incorporates many of the most commonly used options and makes them more accessible (eliminating many dialog boxes and tabs) and allows for more customization.At first glance it looks very much like its predecessor, the ribbon is back and it is now...
This is a worthwhile upgrade for me. I debated whether to do it or not and what version to get. I finally decided on the Home and Student version. I was pleased to see the price actually drop upon shipping. For me the main deal was OneNote 2010 which allows me to print directly into OneNote. In December I bought a new laptop and it has Win7 Pro 64bit. I was very disappointed to find that OneNote 2007 did not include a driver to print directly into it. While MS did provide a work around this much better.One word of caution when you are installing. My MS Office install is a bit of a collection. I'm using stand alone versions of Outlook and Publisher (both 2007) and Access (2003). I had decided to leave these as is. Upon installing 2010 I was presented with two buttons: "Upgrade" and "Customize". I picked curtain 1 (upgrade). My bad! The install then proceeded to remove Outlook, Publisher and Access. Since the program I was installing did not include these products I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment