Thursday, September 26, 2013

MacBook Air 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2

MacBook Air 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
MacBook Air 1.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo...
5.0 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(10)
Apple 11.6" MacBook Air 1.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 128GB Flash Storage, NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Deal Price: $627.00

Description
This Apple computer has been upgraded over the base Apple model by Apple in their factory. As a result, it comes with the standard Apple computer warranty. The base Apple computer model this upgraded model was built upon was MC506LL/A

The Apple upgrades specific to this model are:

Processor is increased from 1.4GHz to 1.6GHz

RAM is increased from 2GB to 4GB

i am currently writing this review after several weeks of use. i spent about 3 weeks researching different laptops before i got this one. it was no easy task. i hope this review will help you decide.i have the 1.6GHz, 4GB Ram, & 128GB Flash Storage. (not sure if this review will be placed for this specific spec or for all MacBook Air 11".)LAPTOP USE:mainly for work. checking email and managing contacts. viewing documents.i am also an amateur photographer so i will be doing some light photo work.huge gamer. see below for more details.DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION:there's not much to say regarding this. it's built like no other machine i've ever used. it's rock solid. i have read some reviews stating that they were concerned with the joint where the screen meets the keyboard area but it should not be of any concern. it feels great in your hands. i can find no flaws with the laptop itself. make sure you go to an Apple Store and play...
I should admit upfront that I am not a scientist or engineer. Nor am I a gamer or video editor. I am a scholar and writer, so my use of this machine is largely limited to word processing, Power Point presentations, web browsing, and watching streaming videos. Thus, my experience will very likely differ from those who'll be using this computer to run several large and sophisticated programs simultaneously. Given these parameters, I am simply thrilled with this addition to Apple's MacBook collection. I am a relatively recent convert to Apple products after nearly two decades on PCs. So my views might be positively colored somewhat by the enthusiasm of the newly converted. I have been using a MacBook Pro 13" for the last year or so and I can safely say that this new MacBook Air 11" is simply a charm and a wonderful companion to the larger computer. Mine is the fully maxed-out model, with the factory-installed 1.6 chip, 4GB ram and 128 flash. I bought it to use for travel to libraries and...
I have a core i7 main 15" MBP and I wanted a travel laptop. I figured for big trips I would need the big boy to take the load. I was wrong. I bought the pimped out 11" model and it has handled admirably. I would like a 256 model as well but I think I will be able to find a bigger flash drive soon enough. I have been amazed with the ease the 1.6ghz handled everything I threw at it and multitasked like a champ. I would not do any video editing or encoding on this little guy but I don't really do that on the road anyway. I think my 15" MBP will be getting a lot of at home time these days. if you have the money to pay the apple tax you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment