Friday, September 20, 2013

Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210

Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210 In-Dash iPhone and Android Compatible Car Receiver with 7-Inch Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth, MirrorLink™, and On-Screen Access to Compatible Apps
✔SALE: 42% OFF
Pioneer AppRadio 3 SPH-DA210 In-Dash iPhone and Android Compatible Car Receiver with 7-Inch Capacitive Multi-Touchscreen, DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth, MirrorLink™, and On-Screen Access to Compatible...
2.7 out of 5 stars
CONSUMER REVIEWS(23)
7" Touchscreen LCD WVGA (800x480)
MirrorLink Compatibility
Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Compatible With IPhone 5/4S/4, IPod Touch
Price: $614.39
Deal Price: $355.99

Description
  • Now with DVD/CD Player, Bluetooth Audio Streaming, and MirrorLink Compatibility
  • Updated User Interface
  • Compatible with iPhone 5/4S/4, iPod touch (4th and 5th Gen), and Select Android Phones
  • Rear-View Camera Input
  • Wired Remote Input
  • iPod/iPhone Charging
  • I have a 2008 Subaru WRX, and am upgrading from AppRadio 1. With iPhone 5, I needed a lightning cable solution, and also wanted bluetooth integration. This met my needs perfectly, so I thought.Pay careful attention to the cables you'll need for this install. I recommend looking on Pioneer's site and skimming the manual. In all, I spent quite a bit over the base cost purchasing a lighting AV adapter and the CD-IH202 cable for USB connectivity (required - it's proprietary on the back of the unit.) Get Amazon's new lightning cable as an extension - it's cheap, and works great. I kept my ASWC for steering wheel integration (manual programming required) and picked up the parking brake override from seller Microbypass, on Amazon. Works perfectly.What's great?The sound quality is improved with digital. I used to have alternator whine - it's reduced to insignificance now. The new bluetooth mic works spectacularly. The GPS antenna is reduced in size by half. Sound...
    Pros: Great video capability and audio quality. All I really wanted to do was push nav to the dash. It does way more than that.Cons: App occasionally crashes my phone, but it is an unsupported model. Bluetooth only connectivity is slow to connect media. Radio clarity could be better. looking for a better antenna.
    The AppRadio 3 is great in concept, but it is being held back by poor execution. The problems with the unit as of now are poor app selection, hidden costs of setup, and some minor design flaws.The app selection is terrible at this point. As an an Android user one of the more glaring omissions is the lack of support for Google Music. As of today, there is no way to listen to internet streamed podcasts via an app like Stitcher. I can start the app on my phone and let it play through the bluetooth connection, but I could do that via my car's aux jack before AppRadio.There are some hidden costs of setup as well. You are going to need a few cables depending on the type of phone you have, and the amount of supported phones is fairly small. I purchased the MHL connection kit Pioneer Android CD-AH200C Connection Kit for...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment